Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tam-s1201
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hello, 

I am trying to start up the Modus Toolbox using the Xcode app on a Mac since it says I am required to do so in this screenshot: 

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.08.55 PM.png

 However I am unfortunately unfamiliar with Xcode and am a little lost right now.

When I open the Xcode app and try to open ModusToolbox it shows this which I am confused on:

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.07.36 PM.png

For mac am I able to use eclipse instead or do I have to use Xcode? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Dear @tam-s1201 :

Sorry for my mistake...

You can run Eclipse IDE on mac OS.

The ModusToolbox™ software includes an optional Eclipse IDE. To run the IDE:

macOS: Run ModusToolbox.app.

Detail information you can find it on PAGE 7 of the document "ModusToolbox™ installation guide": 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ModusToolbox-Installation-Guide_3-GettingStarted-v01_00-EN.pd...

However, most information unique to the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox (such as the Project Creator and Library Manager) is in the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox User Guide or other documentation.

Best Regards

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Qi_Colin

Dear @tam-s1201 :

For mac user, I suggest you to install Windows or Linux in virtual machine to run Modus Toolbox(Windows version or Linux version).

Best Regards

Colin

0 Likes
Qi_Colin

Dear @tam-s1201 :

Sorry for my mistake...

You can run Eclipse IDE on mac OS.

The ModusToolbox™ software includes an optional Eclipse IDE. To run the IDE:

macOS: Run ModusToolbox.app.

Detail information you can find it on PAGE 7 of the document "ModusToolbox™ installation guide": 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ModusToolbox-Installation-Guide_3-GettingStarted-v01_00-EN.pd...

However, most information unique to the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox (such as the Project Creator and Library Manager) is in the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox User Guide or other documentation.

Best Regards

Colin

0 Likes