SDIO on P12 of PSoc 626247FDI-D32 via UDB not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mark_ennamorato
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like given

I am porting the MTB WiFi_Scan app from a DevKit to my hardware.  The DevKit uses PSoC6 6247BZI-D54 P2 for the SDIO port.  I need to use P12.  I updated the pins in Device Configurator, updated cyreservedresoures.list, and immediately ran into problems running the code because of mbedtls (fixed)  and then I thought the  code should work but lo and behold there is no SDIO_CLK and the code gets stuck trying to send an SDIO command....   it seems the SDIO port using UDB0 on P12 just does not work for some reason I have not been able to debug...   Has anyone gotten P12 to work as SDIO ?

Any help greatly appreciated !!!!

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi Mak,

I was going through the UDB SDIO for Wi-Fi Host Driver library on Github and it mentions that it is possible to use Port 2, 9 and 12 for SDIO interface.

Ekta_0-1672748057932.png

Did you try updating the BSP makefile as mentioned in the link shared? I see that by default it is set to UDB_SDIO_P2.

I will also try the same at my end and get back to you.

Thanks and Regard
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi Mak,

I was going through the UDB SDIO for Wi-Fi Host Driver library on Github and it mentions that it is possible to use Port 2, 9 and 12 for SDIO interface.

Ekta_0-1672748057932.png

Did you try updating the BSP makefile as mentioned in the link shared? I see that by default it is set to UDB_SDIO_P2.

I will also try the same at my end and get back to you.

Thanks and Regard
Ekta

0 Likes

Hi Ekta

Yes I did change the makefile and the BSP to point to P12.

As further experiment (I am using a CYC8KIT-062-WiFi-BT kit) I did the following:

Using MTB WiFi_Scan app,

1) with P2 as 'normal' stepped thru the code until I saw a clock on P2_5 and noted that line of code, also watched P2_5 during scanning.

2) changed the Makefile to use P12  for SDIO, moved the pins as shown above in your table , changed the BSP to P12 AND changed the cyreservedresources.list to use P12 instead of P2.  Stepped thru the code again and NO clock ever shows up on P12_0.  the code gets hung waiting for 'try to send cmd' and NVIC interrupt

3) moved the SDIO back to P2 changing the  makefile back the BSP back and cyreserveresources.list back to P2 --> WORKS FINE again

4) Ok..lets try P9 as it is free as well.....   same as #2 NO clock ever seen on P9_5

5) move everything back to P2, works again

clearly I am missing something ... ???

so the steps I am taking are:  a) update the BSP to say im using P12 for UDB SDIO, b) move the pins in DeviceConfigurator as shown in your table above, c) change the makefile

0 Likes

Ekta

SO SORRY.. never mind I do now see the clock on P12_0  on the DevKit !  I must have done something wrong prior I don't know what... but the clock works for a while then times out because serial port says "Interface failed to initialize wifi connection manager".  I think I missed the clock because I was looking after that message appeared on the serial port....

Now I have to get this working on my hardware.

0 Likes