SCB IrDA UART reception is not working.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AfaqAzeem
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello.

I am working on the SCB UART on the PSoC 62 MCU. I have using Modus Toolbox for code generation. I have configured SCB 6 UART with DMA using the PDL library. The data is being received and transmitted successfully But when change the UART mode from Standard UART to IrDA and test it with IrDA module the data is being transmitted and can be observed in on the serial monitor using an IrDA data link. 

What is causing this problem. Do I need to implement some kind of flow control to make it work?

Everything is set properly as I change the UART mode back to standard It starts working correctly.

The Reception interrupt is not working properly.

Any kind of help will be highly Appreciated.

Can any Person describe the steps to configured UART in IrDA mode?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @Aashita_R  

Thanks for your reply. I have already Applied the above mentioned setting but it is still not working. My project settings are given below:

AfaqAzeem_0-1633076992092.png

AfaqAzeem_1-1633077044067.png

AfaqAzeem_2-1633077227203.pngAfaqAzeem_3-1633077257306.png

Actually, It is working fine as I change the UART mode to STANDARD But the reception is not working in the IrDA mode. However the transmit function is working fine in IrDA mode .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @AfaqAzeem ,

We regret to inform that we presently do not have a code example, showing the application for IrDA mode of UART. However, there are few things which you can check in order to try debugging at your end such as below-

1. Can you please check if the "Oversampling" parameter is set to 16 ? This is because IrDA is using 3/16 RZI modulation, so the sampling clock frequency should be set 16x of selected Baud rate, by configuring Oversampling. Oversampling should always be 16 for IrDA.

2. The Median Filter should always be enabled. This filter reduces the susceptibility to errors

3. The "Inverting RX" option should be enabled in case of IrDA as  It enables the inversion of the incoming RX line signal.

Please try checking above and let me know if this helps or in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Hi @Aashita_R  

Thanks for your reply. I have already Applied the above mentioned setting but it is still not working. My project settings are given below:

AfaqAzeem_0-1633076992092.png

AfaqAzeem_1-1633077044067.png

AfaqAzeem_2-1633077227203.pngAfaqAzeem_3-1633077257306.png

Actually, It is working fine as I change the UART mode to STANDARD But the reception is not working in the IrDA mode. However the transmit function is working fine in IrDA mode .

0 Likes

These are my IrDA connections:

AfaqAzeem_4-1633077635778.png

VCC=3.3 V and VLED=3.3 V  kit GND and the IrDA GND is common.

0 Likes