RTC Alarm Interrupt issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AhtashamBaig
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I am working on a project where I need to trigger Alarms using RTC for this I used HAL library, I am able to get interrupt triggered for any seconds in standalone project, But when I uses the configuration with my project same settings not getting me any interrupt. For confirmation I stopped all my tasks and systick then used RTC alarm main.c file inside project directory I am able to get interrupts. Can you guys help me with any of the peripherals that can affect the RTC alarm Functionality as I am working on Power efficient device it goes in sleep. Does sleep mode affects its functionality as Hal API for deepsleep configure it to waitfor interrupt not for events However i looked in Alarm API it enables interrupt but cover api says event ?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Note that when you are in deep-sleep, not all interrupts are able to wake-up the CPU. Interrupts from SysTick and most of the peripherals can't wake-up the CPU from deep-sleep. 

You can refer to the PSoC 6 Architecture TRM (Table 8-3. List of PSoC 6 Interrupts). It tells which interrupts can wake-up from deep-sleep. Some examples that work in deep-sleep:

- GPIO Interrupts

- Low power comparator

- IPC interrupts

- Backup domain interrupts

The RTC uses the backup domain interrupt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @AhtashamBaig ,

Can you please clarify what configurations are you exactly talking about in this statement - " But when I uses the configuration with my project same settings not getting me any interrupt."?

And which device are you using and the platform being used? Is it PSoC Creator or ModusToolbox?

Also, meanwhile you can check this code example to understand the basic functionality of RTC daily alarm. There are few RTC code examples which you can also refer for certain functionalities - here

Please help us with the above queries and we would be able to help you with your issue.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Note that when you are in deep-sleep, not all interrupts are able to wake-up the CPU. Interrupts from SysTick and most of the peripherals can't wake-up the CPU from deep-sleep. 

You can refer to the PSoC 6 Architecture TRM (Table 8-3. List of PSoC 6 Interrupts). It tells which interrupts can wake-up from deep-sleep. Some examples that work in deep-sleep:

- GPIO Interrupts

- Low power comparator

- IPC interrupts

- Backup domain interrupts

The RTC uses the backup domain interrupt.

0 Likes