RGB TFT interface using internal SRAM frame buffer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaVa_282241
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello,

I would like to drive TFT 480x272/RGB/16bpp using PSoC 6.  The MCU provides "Graphic LCD Controller" component to do that, but it needs an external RAM buffer. There are larger RAM PSoC6(512kB 1024kB) on the market. Theoretically it should be possible to place a frame buffer into internal RAM and operating display(refreshing, hsync, vsysnc, DE, clock) using DMA+UDB logic without external RAM.

Does anyone have experience with such a solution?

Than you,

Jan

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @JaVa_282241 ,

I went through your thread description. Can you please elaborate why are you trying to use an external RAM? The application would help me decide if the option using DMA is possible or not and we can assist you better.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Hi Aashita,

I don't intend to use external RAM. The TFT(RGB interface) needs aprox. 262kB RAM for pixel values saving that could be allocated inside internal PSoC6 RAM.
I have worked with PSoC5 and I can imagine a solution with UDB and DMA. But I have no experience with PSoC 6.
Moreover there is not UDB blocks for PSoC6 1024kB RAM and I am not sure if it is possible to generate display signals(Hsync, Vsysnc, Display clock and DE) and refreshing display using DMA and Timer/Counter blocks.

Best Regards,

Jan

0 Likes