RF Performance of CYW43012 in CY8CKIT-062S2-43012

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
arun1
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 likes given

How to measure RF conductance performance in CYW43012 in CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 .

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

You can try updating the KitProg firmware from C:\Users\<your_path>\ModusToolbox\tools_3.0\fw-loader.

Open the "fw-loader.bat" file, and type in the following command -> "fw-loader.exe --update-kp3".

Please test this.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
YashM

By conductance performance, do you mean Transmit testing/Receive testing or something else?

Please elaborate more for our understanding.

Thanks

0 Likes
arun1
Level 4
Level 4

yes @YashM  the Transmit and receive testing, I see some examples like "Tester-Bluetooth MFG Tool" in ModusToolbox, but I'm not sure how exactly should this tests to be done in the board.

0 Likes
arun1
Level 4
Level 4

@YashM , also is there anyway we can measure the wifi parameters/performance of the board.

0 Likes
arun1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @YashM,

"The Wifi-Mfg-Tester acts as a transport layer between the host "wl tool" and the WLAN firmware, and receives the commands from the wl tool and forwards them to the WLAN firmware using IOVAR/IOCTL commands. It also relays the response received back from the WLAN firmware."

This is something I found in "Tester Wifi MFG tool" code example in the ModusToolbox, but I'm unaware of which wl tool is used here, how the measurements are to be made, where the or what connection has to be made with the board etc.

@YashM can you please help me with this.

Regards,
Arun

0 Likes
YashM

Do you want to test for Bluetooth RF or WiFi RF? Please confirm.

For the WiFi MFG tester - the "WL tool" would be present inside the "wl-tool-bin" folder as "wl43012c0.exe".

The Readme file explains the usage of the wl tool. It uses the USB-UART (KitProg) terminal (Tera Term) for the wl tool. Please follow the same. Here is the WiFi MFG Test Github link for your reference.

Thanks

0 Likes
arun1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @YashM ,

I want to test wifi RF, I've tried using "Tester_-_wifi MFG tool" project in ModusToolbox.

After flashing the program I tried using wl tool by navigating the Administrator command prompt to wl tool bin  and "wl43012C0.exe --serial 14 ver" command.

But while trying to execute this command I'm getting an error message as, " rwl_read_serial_port failed: reached max retry limit.
remote_CDC_rx_hdr: Header Read failed
query_info_fe: Reading CDC header failed
Wifi adapter unsupported"

How to rectify this issue and measure wl Rf parameters.

Regards,

Arun 

0 Likes
YashM

Can you please share the entire logs - command prompt screen as well as the Tera term screen?

Thanks

0 Likes
arun1
Level 4
Level 4

Attaching images of putty after flashing the project and  Administrator command prompt 

arun1_0-1683614691127.png

arun1_1-1683614761573.png

After navigating to wl tool bin,  "wl43012C0.exe --serial 14 ver" is the first command I'm executing.

0 Likes
YashM

You can try updating the KitProg firmware from C:\Users\<your_path>\ModusToolbox\tools_3.0\fw-loader.

Open the "fw-loader.bat" file, and type in the following command -> "fw-loader.exe --update-kp3".

Please test this.

Thanks

0 Likes