QSPI configurator for PSoC6 in PSoC Creator ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vinu_gk
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hi,

I want to interface a QSPI NOR Flash (W25Q16JV ) in PSoC6 MCU using PSoC Creator IDE. Is there any configurator available as in Modus toolbox for PSoC Creator?

I have gone through the example code for SMIF interface using the WiFi-BT pioneer KIT.

Please help.

regards,

Vinu

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks Alen,

i found the SMIF configuration tool via SMIF PDL component. 

Hope that i can generate the necessary driver files for W25QJV ( only W25QFV is listed though ..).

Is there any chance that i can update the list of supported drivers ?

regards,

Vinu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

HI @vinu_gk ,

PSoC Creator does not provide a configurator for the QSPI but instead the SMIF component only which you can use to configure the QSPI lines to communicate with your device.

The CE220823 shows an example of how to use the SMIF component in PSoC Creator to communicate with the external NOR Flash.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

Thanks Alen,

i found the SMIF configuration tool via SMIF PDL component. 

Hope that i can generate the necessary driver files for W25QJV ( only W25QFV is listed though ..).

Is there any chance that i can update the list of supported drivers ?

regards,

Vinu

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @vinu_gk ,

I did not quiet get what you meant by updating the list of supported drivers.

Can you let me know where you saw W25QJV listed as the driver in the configuration tool?

The SMIF Component allows you to configure the QSPI configurations to match your slave device. It does not generate any driver files for a specific slave.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @vinu_gk  ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Alen
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
An Infineon Technologies Company

0 Likes