Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anikseng
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello all,

I am trying to send continuous data in an interval of 30ms to the CySmart app. The data I am acquiring is through the ADC port. I know there is a connection interval limitation for the phone, I have taken care of that, and my algorithm is based on that constraint. However, I am using Cy_BLE_GATTS_WriteAttributeValueLocal(&serviceHandle) to send data to CySmart app, however it is not continuous and need to press the Read button every time to read the data.

Is there a way to make that continuous, like I saw one for Heart rate somewhere on the internet where it is possible to plot the data also in the app?

Can someone guide me in this?

Also, I would like to know whether the CySmart App has been taken down from the App store, I download it from some APK present in the internet.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Anik Sengupta

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

You can change the TX power level in the BLE component as shown below. You can also use the Cy_BLE_SetTxPowerLevel() api in the firmware for setting the Power level. 

Yugandhar_0-1668580026697.png

Please refer to the PSoC6BLE_FindMe code example from the PSoC Creator. In this project, the device enters low-power Deep Sleep mode when BLE is idle. It wakes up automatically when there is activity on the BLE connection. BLE interrupts can wakeup the device from the Deep sleep.

Yes, with 495bytes of data, it will take two Tx packets(251bytes). If you increase the notification data, then it will take one more packet to send.  Please refer to this link for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello, 

You can use the Notifications for sending the data continuously to Cysmart App. For reference, please refer to the CE_222046_GATT_OUT code example from the PSoC Creator. 

Also, you can refer to the project provided in below thread. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/Sending-ADC-data-via-BLE/td-p/290426

We had pull the Cysmart app from the android and iOS app stores as there is another company with that same name. We are working on a replacement name with brand and legal. Then we’ll have to update/post on the respective app stores

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the help and I am able to send continuos data as well.

I do have one question related about the CE_222046_GATT_OUT example code.

The notification packet size is taken as 495 bytes, which I assume will be send in 2 BLE packet as one packet has a data payload of 247 bytes . However If I am increasing the packet size to 500 I am not getting any notification in the app.  Isn’t it suppose to send the rest of the data in the next BLE notification packet after sending 495 bytes of data.

could you give us some guide on this?

Thanking you

anik Sengupta 

0 Likes
anikseng
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

Also how can I set the Transmit power to 0dbm in this example? Right now it is transmitting at -50dbm I want to change that to 0dbm.

Also, while continuously sending data, can the device be put into sleep mode and operate it or some interrupt to wake it up when notification packet is sent.

Your help is much appreciated

Thanking you,

Anik Sengupta

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

You can change the TX power level in the BLE component as shown below. You can also use the Cy_BLE_SetTxPowerLevel() api in the firmware for setting the Power level. 

Yugandhar_0-1668580026697.png

Please refer to the PSoC6BLE_FindMe code example from the PSoC Creator. In this project, the device enters low-power Deep Sleep mode when BLE is idle. It wakes up automatically when there is activity on the BLE connection. BLE interrupts can wakeup the device from the Deep sleep.

Yes, with 495bytes of data, it will take two Tx packets(251bytes). If you increase the notification data, then it will take one more packet to send.  Please refer to this link for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes