Psoc 6 wifi-bt pioneer kit (cy8ckit-062-wifi-bt) power failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrMa_4715901
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked

Recently I received the PSoC 6 wifi-bt pioneer kit. After upgrading the kit to Kitprog3 the device is heating up at the DIODE D6. The LED4 is blinking at low intensity.  Although The kit is being detected on the PC. All this is happening when plugging in at J10 connection. While plugging it through J28, everything is working fine with the LED4 is not blinking and glowing at normal intensity.

SW5 : at 3.3 V

SW7 : at VDD/Kitprog2

I even replaced the diode D6 with D7 as Vin was not in use. But nothing changed at all. The board is still heating up at diode D6  and the LED4 continues to blink at low intensity.

Please Help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It looks the power source 5V_out has some problem and it may be caused by a broken diode on VBUS_TC to VCC_IN path. Can you measure if the 5V_OUT on the board is steady 5V?

My recommendation is to request your purchase channel to replace a new DVK.

0 Likes

These are my observations after measuring voltage through various test point on the Board:

(Note all these observations are taken after replacing the diode D6 with D7 as you said: "may be caused by a broken diode on VBUS_TC to VCC_IN path". Hence as both D6 and D7 diodes are identical, moreover, D7 diode was not in use as  Vin is not being the power source.)

• 5V_OUT (VCC.5V) : The voltage on across this point is stable , but keeps in decreasing with subsequent measurements and the lowest value was 1.66 V .
  • P6_VDD : The voltage across this point is fluctuating between 1.34 v - 1.28 v.
  • J8 : The voltage on this pin is also fluctuating.
  • The LED 4 is blinking with it's brightness going low up to a point where it is barely noticeable now.
  • Even after replacing the with D7 diode it is still heating up.
  • Blink program which I had already flashed before this issue occurred , is working fine when the the power is connected through J28 and the LED 4 is glowing at it's normal intensity. !
  • This is a video link to it : https://youtu.be/GzDur6uSIfk
  • 20200623_015552.jpg
0 Likes

What about the level on VBUS_TC and VCC_IN?

Just from your observations, there are possible causes, one is broken diode, another one is broken 5V buck-boost convert. The 3v3 regulator is in good condition.

0 Likes