Psoc 6 Temperature sensor using ModusToolbox and HAL drivers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GePa_4776901
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm using CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. I looked at the ADC_basic example that reads two channels asynchronously (one single ended and one diff).

I would like to incorporate a reading of the internal Temperature Sensor as a third channel.

The example uses HAL drivers found here: Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)

but, I can't find how to configure a channel to read from the internal temperature sensor.

Is there a way to do it using the same HAL library? or an example that reads the temperature sensor?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

As HAL is targeted a large range of devices from different families this is not handled in HAL. This can be done using PDL. There is no example in ModusToolBox. Could you please checkout CE220974. Here ADC Die temp is measurement is done using PDL APIs.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

As HAL is targeted a large range of devices from different families this is not handled in HAL. This can be done using PDL. There is no example in ModusToolBox. Could you please checkout CE220974. Here ADC Die temp is measurement is done using PDL APIs.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes