Programming guidance

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SalinaSJames
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am required to work on PSoC for various projects such as motor speed control, digital controller implementation, etc. For this, I need to learn PSoC basics to start with projects such as

1. Generating Waves: Rectangular Pulse, Square wave, Triangle wave, sawtooth, sine, etc

2. ADC: Where we feed a wave (generated from the function generator) to the PSoC and the program should be able to find the i. Peak magnitude ii. Average value iii. RMS value

All these using UART interfaces with Putty where just by pressing a key on the keyboard you should be able to modify the amplitude, frequency, width/time period of the wave (in case of 1.). And should display on Putty the parameters like for e.g " a . The peak amplitude of the supplied wave is: ____ V"

PSoC Kit : CY8CKIT-059 5L

If anyone can help or guide me with coding for these projects please do let me know.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @SalinaSJames,

There are a plethora of code examples for PSoC5LP. In PSoC Creator, go to File -> Code example, and filter the "device family" by PSoC 5LP. There are many code examples that involve components of your requirement.

You may refer to the following resources too:

1. Getting Started with PSoC 5LP

2. You can check the home page of PSoC 5LP family here. You can explore every section here. The application notes section [under documents] is a noteworthy section containing many AppNotes and archive files dealing with a wide variety of applications. You may explore the code examples on the same page too [under tools & software].

3. CY8CKIT-059 home page

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @SalinaSJames,

There are a plethora of code examples for PSoC5LP. In PSoC Creator, go to File -> Code example, and filter the "device family" by PSoC 5LP. There are many code examples that involve components of your requirement.

You may refer to the following resources too:

1. Getting Started with PSoC 5LP

2. You can check the home page of PSoC 5LP family here. You can explore every section here. The application notes section [under documents] is a noteworthy section containing many AppNotes and archive files dealing with a wide variety of applications. You may explore the code examples on the same page too [under tools & software].

3. CY8CKIT-059 home page

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes