Program the Application and DFU firmware (App0+App1) to PSoC6 using kitprog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jiabin
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

I am developing a BLE application CY8CKIT-062-BLE board, trying to implement BLE DFU.

I followed the application note "CE216767",  the manual guided me firstly to program App0 through PSoC creator, then using CySmart to update App1 by BLE. I can successfully follow this flow, and App1 works normally.

However, for mass production, I want to use wire to program App1 for the initial programming of the products.

I tried to use PSoC creator to program App0 first, then also use PSoC creator to program App1. But after the programming of App1, App1 is not working. Then I push the Reset button on the board, but still, the App1 is not working.

So, my question is: is it possible to both program App0 and App1 without using Cysmart?  Could you please let me know how to do that?

Thank you very much for your reading! 

Looking forward to your help and suggestions.

Best regards,

Jiabin

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Jiabin ,

In the build settings, please update the linker scripts of App1 project to cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld and cy8c6xx7_cm4_dual.ld then app1 can be programmed.

Also make sure in cm0p.c file(in app1), CY_CORTEX_M4_APPL_ADDR is defined as shown below

Alakananda_BG_0-1655109352686.png

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi, @Alakananda_BG 

Thank you very much for your reply!

Sorry I didn't make my question clear.

What I want is after using Kitprog to program App1, still can use Cysmart to write App1's IAS to make the system go back to App0. So that I can DFU by App0.

Can your solution keep App0 in the flash?

0 Likes

Thank you @Alakananda_BG 

Let me try.

0 Likes