Problems with implementing ADC in PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
peda_3574746
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all:

I am facing a question while using ADC. The  CY8CKIT-062-BLE just has only one ADC chip,but what's the point that  I can  add countless ADC components? I want to implement switching in three sampling modes:channel A or channel B sampling alone and  channel AB sampling successively.It would be better if AB could sample at the same time.I am so confused to implement this.

Looking foward to your reply.

Thanks.

de51336a3355eb6cdc65215def9226f.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Peng,

Please see the ADC component PDL documentation (file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.1.0/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__s... ). All the ADC settings and configurations are handled there. To configure the SAR subsystem, call Cy_SAR_Init. Pass in a pointer to the SAR_Type structure for the base hardware register address and pass in the configuration structure, cy_stc_sar_config_t. After initialization, call Cy_SAR_Enable to enable the hardware.

You can generate code for multiple configurations and initialize ADC with each of those configurations. As you know you cannot use it simultaneously but can be used in a time shared basis.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Peng,

Please see the ADC component PDL documentation (file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.1.0/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__s... ). All the ADC settings and configurations are handled there. To configure the SAR subsystem, call Cy_SAR_Init. Pass in a pointer to the SAR_Type structure for the base hardware register address and pass in the configuration structure, cy_stc_sar_config_t. After initialization, call Cy_SAR_Enable to enable the hardware.

You can generate code for multiple configurations and initialize ADC with each of those configurations. As you know you cannot use it simultaneously but can be used in a time shared basis.

Best Regards,
Vasanth