Pin Alternate Functions in PSoC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Where is there more description of the Alternate Functions in PSoC 6 devices?

A description of Table 8 and the acronyms used such as ACT would be helpful. Reference Table 8. Multiple Alternate Functions of the "PSoC 6 MCU: CY8C62x6 CY8C62x7 Datasheet" Rev *N

The "Pinouts" section on Page 22 of the "PSoC 6 MCU: CY8C62x6 CY8C62x7 Datasheet" Rev *N proports to provide a link to "datasheet web page" for more information on Alternate functions. The link under "datasheet web page" provides a circular reference back to the same "PSoC 6 MCU: CY8C62x6 CY8C62x7 Datasheet".

"Note: The CY8C62x6/CY8C62x7 datasheet web page contains a spreadsheet with a consolidated list of pinouts and pin alternate functions with HSIOM mapping."

I have not yet been successful in my search for any explaination of "Alternate Functions" in the Technical Reference Manuals or Device Configurator Guide. I suspect there may be some explanation in the Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) documentation. Unfortunately, the search tool in the PDL documentation is only useful if you know the exact spelling of a command or parameter being searched.

There are some hints in the Community. I suspect there's an explanation somewhere.
- PSoc 63 SDA SCL @ https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/PSoc-63-SDA-SCL/m-p/330353#M11544 discusses how to use some of the information in Table 8 - apparently through the use of PSoC Creator or Device Configurator.
- Switching between UART and MUX functionality on the same pins - KBA233908 @ https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Switching-between-UART-and-MUX-functionali... discusses the use of Alternate functions without providing the rules. This is a nice example although it's using PSoC Creator instead of ModusToolbox.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
ScottKerstein
Employee
Employee
5 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

"ACT" refers to ACTive source or ACTive functionally as observed in the TRMs. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ScottKerstein
Employee
Employee
5 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

"ACT" refers to ACTive source or ACTive functionally as observed in the TRMs. 

0 Likes