Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

Rodo
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 likes given

My project is set up with local git. It is self contained so it does not use the share folder. It works... actually it builds without errors. I still get some weird stuff when I program my custom board but that's for another post. I renamed the main project in Eclipse (I made a backup copy before I started) by left clicking on its name and picked "rename". It took a bit of time (refactor) and renamed the project/main folder. I build the new named project and all was ok. No errors. But when I went to program the board I got an error when I click on the (launches) program (Kitprog3 ...). Something about can not find the dynamic variable cy...path or something like that. Sorry I'm using a different computer to type this post I don't remember the exact variable name.

I want to have a copy of the project with a new name. I don't care if I have to rename and then manually copy the project or just save the current project to a new name. How do I do that without getting the error? or how do I fix the error?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Dear @Rodo 

For backup purpose I do manually copy whole folder to new directory name (adding date yyyy-mm-dd to end of dirname) and If I need to revert back then I only copy backup content to normal directory and all still work normally.

If you really need to copy/rename project and run it from new location it could be done but must be modified using some scripts which you need to execute in new location see older thread here https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/Renaming-a-Project-ModusToolbox/td-p/245170

Regards

Radim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Dear @Rodo 

For backup purpose I do manually copy whole folder to new directory name (adding date yyyy-mm-dd to end of dirname) and If I need to revert back then I only copy backup content to normal directory and all still work normally.

If you really need to copy/rename project and run it from new location it could be done but must be modified using some scripts which you need to execute in new location see older thread here https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/Renaming-a-Project-ModusToolbox/td-p/245170

Regards

Radim

0 Likes