PSoc6 with lwip 1.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Infineon_Frank
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked
I am trying to run a test on the CY8CPROTO board to combine lwip 1.4 with the wifi chip. I get pbuf errors (not enough space for new header size). In the cy_lwip.c code a new pbuf is made with PBUF_LINK. This will add 14 bytes to the new pbuf. In the whd_network_send_Ethernet_data function a data header is added, but apparently the pbuf cannot hold this. How should this work ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

@Infineon_Frank When and where do you get this error?

The  whd_network_send_Ethernet_data() where exactly do you see the BDC Header getting added? The BDC header gets passed along with the buffer to whd_send_to_bus() where the buffer along with the header gets sent to the WLAN radio.

Now if its just the buffer allocation issue for some port that you have done, have you tried increasing the buffer size to see if it helps?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

@Infineon_Frank When and where do you get this error?

The  whd_network_send_Ethernet_data() where exactly do you see the BDC Header getting added? The BDC header gets passed along with the buffer to whd_send_to_bus() where the buffer along with the header gets sent to the WLAN radio.

Now if its just the buffer allocation issue for some port that you have done, have you tried increasing the buffer size to see if it helps?

Thanks

0 Likes

In the examples I found a definition of PBUF_LINK_HLEN which overruled the standard of 14 bytes. Adding this definition with the value of  WHD_PHYSICAL_HEADER (44). Increased the pbuf enough to hold the data header.

Thanks !

0 Likes