[PSoC64] how to measure inquiry of time from device reset to user application start when secure boot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pagansjb
Level 2
Level 2
First like given 10 replies posted First like received

Hi, Yuzh and Rakshith,

In replies in the other post (https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/PSoC64-Inquiry-of-time-from-device-reset-to-user-applicatio...), you've informed the secure boot time of PSoC6.

Then, I want to measure it in my side with CY8CPROTO-064B0S3. Could you guide me how to measure?

Thanks, 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @pagansjb

For our internal testing, the secure CM0+ image was modified to ensure that we catch the completion of all three stages - flash boot, bootloader, and CM0+ secure image. Unfortunately, as you will not be able to modify the CM0+ image, you will not be able to measure these parameters at your end. However, you can still measure the time from POR to CM4 image which will be approximately the time the device takes to hand over the control to the user application.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @pagansjb

For our internal testing, the secure CM0+ image was modified to ensure that we catch the completion of all three stages - flash boot, bootloader, and CM0+ secure image. Unfortunately, as you will not be able to modify the CM0+ image, you will not be able to measure these parameters at your end. However, you can still measure the time from POR to CM4 image which will be approximately the time the device takes to hand over the control to the user application.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi @Rakshith 

Thanks for your response.

I have another question. Is there any meaningful difference in terms of secure boot time if re-provisioning is enabled or not?

Thanks,

pagansjb

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @pagansjb

Re-provisioning should not cause any significant changes in the boot times. I will confirm this internally and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes