PSoC63 EVK CY8CKIT-062-BLE & CY8CPRPTO-063-BLE issue with reading BD Address using HCI Command

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SubhashP
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins

For  CY8CKIT-062-BLE  &  CY8CPRPTO-063-BLE, I am using the BLE Controller (BLESS_CONTROLLER) without BLE Host. I need to read the BD Address (MAC Address) of the device. For this I used HCI command with OGF=0x04 and OCF=0x09. 

In response I get response 

0x0E 0x0A 0x02 0x09 0x10 0x00 0x80 0xAB 0xCD 0xAB 0xCD 0x80

indicating MAC id 80:AB:CD:AB:CD:80.

Surprisingly I flashed the code in two different boards of   CY8CKIT-062-BLE EVK but I got same repose. According to me, the MAC id should be different. Further I did the same experiment with     CY8CPRPTO-063-BLE,  I got the same response.

I have attached my code here for the reference.

What mistake I commit while reading MAC address ( or Public address) over HCI  and what is correct method to read MAC Id using HCI command ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @SubhashP 

The Opcode is 0xFDA0 and Parameter length is 7 Octets and Parameters are BD Address, Address type.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PratikshaV

Hi @SubhashP 

I will test at my end and get back to you soon on this.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes
PratikshaV

Hi @SubhashP 

Initially BD Address for the both the kits will be same. So you need to set the new address and read the address then it will be changed.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

Hi @PratikshaV 

Ok, I need to setup the BD address manually.

Please share the document or memory location where I need to update the BD address. 

Thanks

Subhash Patel

0 Likes
PratikshaV

Hi @SubhashP 

The Opcode is 0xFDA0 and Parameter length is 7 Octets and Parameters are BD Address, Address type.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

@PratikshaV 

Thanks for the update.

It works for me

0 Likes