PSoC62 bootloader fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I made custom boards and I see some units failing the bootloader integrity check and gets stuck in a fault state.  The only way to recover is to do a hardware reset.  This failure only occurs intermittently.  How is it possible to fail intermittently when I am not changing any flash contents?  It should fail always or never unless there is some problem with the flash.  When it fails, is it possible to perform a reset instead of being stuck in fault?  It is difficult to detect the failure and perform a hardware reset in the end product.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

You can use Watch dog timer (WDT)  to cause device reset during malfunction or when the program is out-of-control due to unexpected inputs or conditions.

Can you please share the call stack details, when its getting stuck.

Regards,

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

I can't add anything to debug.  My bootloader code never runs.  I set a GPIO high as first line in main() and it never reaches it.  If I do a hardware reset it will work again and start running the application.  If I don't program the bootloader and just program my application, I don't see this problem.

0 Likes