PSoC62 and Modustoolbox 3: Where is CY_USING_HAL defined?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rodo
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Hi all,

Somewhere in the documentation it says that CY_USING_HAL is enabled by default. So why don't the definitions from the device configurator for the pin assignments below "#if defined (CY_USING_HAL)" work? I have:

devconfigpincode.png

When I setup the freeRTOS example I get an error if I use "GREEN_LED".

haslerror.png

If I replace "GREEN_LED" with "P8_3" it works, no errors or warnings. I tried looking for "#define CY_USING_HAL" but I didn't see it anywhere. So how/where is CY_USING_HAL enabled/defined?

Thanks

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I couldn't upload the project because of an NDA so I recreated the FreeRTOS project using the empty dual core project again so I could upload that. But this time it worked so I went back to the original project and I just forced a saved of the device configurator file (without changing anything). It started to get a "flash doesn't fit in section ..." error. So I increased the flash (and RAM),  clean all,  rebuild and the problem seems to have gone away. I've erased and recreated the same project like 10 times now so I'm not really sure what worked ...LOL. But I'm good. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @Rodo 

Can you please try including CY_USING_HAL in the DEFINES section in the Makefile as shown? Please build the project after adding it and see if the problem persists. 

LeoMathews_0-1674641180718.png

Can you also specify which FreeRTOS code example you are using?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes

Adding CY_USING_HAL to the DEFINES in the makefile did not work.

I created an empty dual core project and added the freeRTOS to the cm4 core using the library manager. Then use the instructions here to get freeRTOS to work.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @Rodo 

I have recreated the FreeRTOS project from my side using empty dual core project, but everything works fine from my side. Can you please share your project to recreate the issue from my side? Also, can you verify whether you have included the "cybsp.h" header file in your main.c file in cm4 project? If not please include it by adding:

#include "cybsp.h"

in your main.c file in your cm4 project.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes

I couldn't upload the project because of an NDA so I recreated the FreeRTOS project using the empty dual core project again so I could upload that. But this time it worked so I went back to the original project and I just forced a saved of the device configurator file (without changing anything). It started to get a "flash doesn't fit in section ..." error. So I increased the flash (and RAM),  clean all,  rebuild and the problem seems to have gone away. I've erased and recreated the same project like 10 times now so I'm not really sure what worked ...LOL. But I'm good. Thanks.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @Rodo 

Glad your query is resolved. Please let us know if further support is required.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @Rodo ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes