Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
praveen_kullu
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I have gone through  example codes and documentation of using capsense on my CY8CPROTO-062-4343W Kit, i am not sure how capsense is communicating with PSoC 6. I'd Appreciate the help. thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @praveen_kullu 

CapSense is a peripheral in PSoC 6 device. The PSoC 6 core can directly access the CapSense registers to obtain the raw counts, which is the output of the CapSense block to determine a touch. There is no communication channel that is required. 

The CPU initiates a CapSense scan by writing into the CapSense block's registers and the IP takes care of scanning the block and finding the raw counts. This is then read by the CPU, processed against a baseline that it stores in RAM and the status is calculated. 

Please let me know if there are any further queries.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @praveen_kullu 

CapSense is a peripheral in PSoC 6 device. The PSoC 6 core can directly access the CapSense registers to obtain the raw counts, which is the output of the CapSense block to determine a touch. There is no communication channel that is required. 

The CPU initiates a CapSense scan by writing into the CapSense block's registers and the IP takes care of scanning the block and finding the raw counts. This is then read by the CPU, processed against a baseline that it stores in RAM and the status is calculated. 

Please let me know if there are any further queries.

Best regards, 
Hari