PSoC6 Secure boot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeanG
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted First like given 5 questions asked

I’m trying to prototype secure boot using the CY8CPROTO-06204343W PSoC6 dev kit.  A couple of questions:

1. Reviewing the TOC2 format as defined in the Technical Ref manual, the TOC2_FIRST_USER_APP_FORMAT field defines 3 types:  Basic, Cypress Secured, and Simplified Secured.  Where are these formats defined?  I’ve search all of the help and knowledge base articles without any luck.
  2. How does the flash boot code know the application size when verifying the image using the RSA pub key?   Is the size part of the application format?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

0 Likes
1 Solution
DeanG
Level 3
Level 3

I successfully found the answers, there's a very good example with the PDL driver code here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.5\security

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DeanG
Level 3
Level 3

I've found the answer.  Turns out the Cypress Secured and Simplified Secure are no longer supported.  The DFU sample here: https://github.com/Infineon/dfu  has the details of how to build an app using secure boot.

Dean

0 Likes
DeanG
Level 3
Level 3

Turns out the sample DFU doesn't answer my questions:

1. Reviewing the TOC2 format as defined in the Technical Ref manual, the TOC2_FIRST_USER_APP_FORMAT field defines 3 types:  Basic, Cypress Secured, and Simplified Secured.  Where are these formats defined?  I’ve search all of the help and knowledge base articles without any luck.
  2. How does the flash boot code know the application size when verifying the image using the RSA pub key?   Is the size part of the application format?

The sample uses defined linker variables such as __cy_app0_verify_start, __cy_app_verify_length, etc..  But how does the flash boot code  know the length of the image?  It doesn't look like __cy_app0_verify_start, __cy_app_verify_length are linked into the flash boot code.

0 Likes
DeanG
Level 3
Level 3

I successfully found the answers, there's a very good example with the PDL driver code here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.5\security

0 Likes