PSoC6 Programming via MiniProg4 error: firmware out of date

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
robinCTE
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi All,

I've been working on a project for a couple of weeks, uploading code to my target system from MTB, using a MiniProg4.  Programming the part and debugging code from MTB, connected to the target through a MiniProg4.

All has gone smoothly until yesterday.  I had been alternately making code changes and building/debugging successfully, when all of a sudden, inexplicably I got the following error message:

** Program operation completed successfully **
srst_only separate srst_gates_jtag srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
Info : SWD DPIDR 0x6ba02477
shutdown command invoked
Info : psoc6.dap: powering down debug domain...
Warn :
*******************************************************************************************
* KitProg firmware is out of date, please update to the latest version (2.40.1241)
* using fw-loader tool which can be found in the following folder
* C:/Users/rvice/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0/fw-loader
*******************************************************************************************

After getting this message, I cannot debug.

I see a lot of references on-line to updating the PSoC6 WiFi BT Pioneer kit from KitProg2 to KitProg3.  But I'm not using the kit.  This is a CY8C6116 loaded on my proprietary prototype PCB.

I can successfully connect to the target using the Cypress Programmer 4.0.1 software.  Through Cypress Programmer I can; read, erase, program, and verify without issue.  Using the same hex file generated by MTB.

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Thanks in advance,
robin

0 Likes
1 Solution

@Sidramesh_S,

"Please remove your board and connect again, try to debug after that, and see."
    Same result, no help.

"also please upgrade your kitprog3 firmware in fw-loader then try to debug after that, and see."
    Since my target is a custom PCB containing the PSoC part, I don't think this is relevant.      Correct me if I'm wrong.

New information:

I opened the project preferences and was poking around in the debug configurations, to see if anything stood out as a problem.  Everything looked OK, but when I closed that window, I hit the "Apply" button.  After that, the error went away.  I'm not sure if that actually did anything or if the problem just spontaneously cured itself, but I'm not having the issue now.

Thanks for your help,
robin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sidramesh_S
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi @robinCTE ,

Please remove your board and connect again, try to debug after that, and see.

also please upgrade your kitprog3 firmware in fw-loader then try to debug after that, and see.

Thanks and regards,
Sidramesh

0 Likes

@Sidramesh_S,

"Please remove your board and connect again, try to debug after that, and see."
    Same result, no help.

"also please upgrade your kitprog3 firmware in fw-loader then try to debug after that, and see."
    Since my target is a custom PCB containing the PSoC part, I don't think this is relevant.      Correct me if I'm wrong.

New information:

I opened the project preferences and was poking around in the debug configurations, to see if anything stood out as a problem.  Everything looked OK, but when I closed that window, I hit the "Apply" button.  After that, the error went away.  I'm not sure if that actually did anything or if the problem just spontaneously cured itself, but I'm not having the issue now.

Thanks for your help,
robin

0 Likes
Sidramesh_S
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi @robinCTE ,

Glad that your issue was resolved.

You can upgrade the firmware of Miniprog4 to the latest version 2.40 which I tried from my side.

Thanks and regards,
Sidramesh

0 Likes