PSoC6 MCUBoot Rollback Code example Build issues with MTB2.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StephanC
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello Community, 

I am observing a strange build problem with MCUBoot Roll back code example with ModusToolbox 2.4; 

GitHub - Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-mcuboot-rollback: This example implements an MCUboot-based bo...

I initially tried this example on MTB2.3.1 and everything works perfectly fine. But, when I started using this CE in MTB2.4, it throws a strange linker error. 

"arm-none-gnueabi/bin/ld.exe: Cannot find : Invalid Arugument"
Collect.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status 

Is this a known issue or something is wrong with my build setup ? 

Thanks in Advance,

Stephan C

0 Likes
1 Solution
RavikiranH_01
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

This is a known problem with MCUboot Rollback Code example due to a typo; The root cause is the blinky_cm4 application Makefile, extra comma after Wl,-defsym argument.

Remove "," from LIne 198 of this file.
https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-mcuboot-rollback/blob/master/blinky_cm4/Makefile

defsym=CM0P_FLASH_SIZE=$(BOOTLOADER_APP_FLASH_SIZE), --> change to --> defsym=CM0P_FLASH_SIZE=$(BOOTLOADER_APP_FLASH_SIZE)

Root cause of the issue is - MTb2.4 uses GCC-10.3.1 + LD 2.36.1, where  defsym argument parsing has changed compare to earlier GCC 9.3.1 + LD 2.34.0 (MTB 2.3); 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RavikiranH_01
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

This is a known problem with MCUboot Rollback Code example due to a typo; The root cause is the blinky_cm4 application Makefile, extra comma after Wl,-defsym argument.

Remove "," from LIne 198 of this file.
https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-mcuboot-rollback/blob/master/blinky_cm4/Makefile

defsym=CM0P_FLASH_SIZE=$(BOOTLOADER_APP_FLASH_SIZE), --> change to --> defsym=CM0P_FLASH_SIZE=$(BOOTLOADER_APP_FLASH_SIZE)

Root cause of the issue is - MTb2.4 uses GCC-10.3.1 + LD 2.36.1, where  defsym argument parsing has changed compare to earlier GCC 9.3.1 + LD 2.34.0 (MTB 2.3); 

0 Likes