PSoC6 101 lesson 1-3 LED not blinking

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NYou
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

Just picked up a PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (Rev B) and was trying to get the LED blinking project in lesson 1.3 of the PSoC 101 series of videos.

I have followed the steps to the letter and am able to build and flash the firmware to the board but I cant get the LED to blink. I have copied the console log at the end of this message for reference.

I have looked at similar thread on this forum and have tried the recommendations but with no luck.

I am using PSOC creator 4.4 and PDL library version is 3.1.3 ( I have checked this under options) 

The switches, jumpers on the board have not been changed from their default position.

Power LED (LED4) is solid Amber

KitProg status LEDs: LED2 is solid Amber, LED 3 goes Solid green when FW is flashed

Here is a list of things I have tried

* Built the projects for PWM, CM0P and CM4 but had the same results i.e. no LED blinking

* Deleted the project and workspace and tried again but LED wont blink

* Tried a different Pioneer kit with same results.

* Selecting the debug target before programming

* I created the projects as PSoC63 as per the instruction videos and debug targets are listed as CY8C6347BZi-BLD53 (Cm0p and CM4). I have tried both CM0P and CM4 as targets but with no luck.

* Change the digital output pin deom P0[3] to P11[0] and connect an external LED (with current limiting resistor) to that GPIO. Even the External LED does not blink 

Things I have tried based on feedback/solutions on similar topic

* Updated the drivers after upgrading the KitProg from 2 - 3

* Select debug target before programming

* Changed GPIO write command to GPIO)Inv and using direct port references e.g. P3_3_PORT rather than REDPIN_PORT

* Changed Switch 7 from VDDD to SuperCap. The LED comes on but stays red and does not blink 

I am not exactly sure what else I can do to make this work and would really appreciate some support on this.

Please note that the log file is based on a blinky project which I tried with different GPIO pins but the build and flash parts are similar to the issues I have observed. 

Thanks and Regards

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @NYou

You will be contacted by a Cypress, an Infineon Technologies Company, representative regarding the replacement of your device. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes