Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

When I try to program the psoc 6 on a custom PCB in Creator I get the error:

Error: dbg.M0023: There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (100 - EraseAll API returned: Error code 0x00000094: Unknown SROM status code)

When I look this up, the answers point to the psoc programming pins not being connected properly. I’ve checked that reset, clk and data all go to the correct psoc pins. I’ve measured that reset is pulled up to 1.8V as it should be, and that the 1.8V on the mini prog connector is indeed 1.8V. And there are no shorts between reset, clk, data and ground or each other.

Weirdly if I try to program in Cypress Programmer it actually does program correctly.

Any ideas on why it won’t program in Creator?

Just to confirm Creator is working I programmed a completely different PCB with a psoc 6 successfully.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @RyWi_4724536 ,

This maybe because the PSoC 6 device that you are using may not be supported in PSoC Creator / PSoC Programmer. You can verify this by checking if your PSoC 6 device is listed in the device selector (Project >> Device Selector) in PSoC Creator.

To help you out further on this issue, can you kindly provide me with the following details:
1. PSoC 6 device MPN / part number.
2. MiniProg Version used (3/4?).

Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @RyWi_4724536 ,

This maybe because the PSoC 6 device that you are using may not be supported in PSoC Creator / PSoC Programmer. You can verify this by checking if your PSoC 6 device is listed in the device selector (Project >> Device Selector) in PSoC Creator.

To help you out further on this issue, can you kindly provide me with the following details:
1. PSoC 6 device MPN / part number.
2. MiniProg Version used (3/4?).

Regards
Alen

0 Likes
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

The psoc part number is CY8C6347BZI-BLD54.

I am using a MiniProg4.

The part number is selected in Creator. Also I can program the same psoc part number on a different custom PCB, but not this one.

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @RyWi_4724536 ,

Since you mentioned that Cypress Programmer can successfully program your device, can you compare the 'Probe Settings' in Cypress programmer with the settings of PSoC Programmer 'Programmer' tab and see if they are both the same? (Provide me a screenshot of both as well).

Can you also share your project with me so I can try programming the same on my PSoC 6 device( I have a CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 device).

Regards
Alen

0 Likes