Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shiyouxue
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked First reply posted

Dear Forum  :  We developed our  embedded software with PSoC6.

But we encountered the following problem:In some boards,PSoC6 can't wake up from deep sleep.

We developed deep sleep and wake up process by the following method:

step1: close all the used MCU macro.(eg: IIC, timer, uart etc.)

step2: set a GPIO port to external interrupt port.

step3:set MCU to standby by the following code

Cy_SysPm_RegisterCallback(&ClkDeepSleepCb);

Cy_SysPm_DeepSleep(CY_SYSPM_WAIT_FOR_INTERRUPT);

After step3, generate external interrupt, some boards can wakeup from deep sleep, some boards can not wake up from deep sleep.

Can you help to confirm our method is right or not?
or can you supply the sample soft for deep sleep and wakeup?

and  when external interrupt happened , is there any other reason that MCU can't wakeup?

Many Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution
nin
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @shiyouxue ,

There could be possible reasons for not waking up from deep sleep. But as you mentioned, all other boards are working fine and being able to wake up from deep sleep after getting external interrupts shows that there is no issue with the software.

Could you confirm that the identified board (1 out of 1000 board) is not waking up from deep sleep after giving multiple external interrupts or is it just missing one of the multiple external interrupts?

Let me know the result of the above test.

Best regards,

Nin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
nin

Hi @shiyouxue ,

There is a similar issue addressed on PSoC 6 deep sleep in the community. It is a resolved issue.

Unable to wake up from Deep Sleep (PSOC 6)

Could you look into this thread?

Let me know if you are still not able to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Nin

0 Likes
shiyouxue
Level 1
Level 1

My problem is ,

We developed our embedded software ,and produced several thousand pieces of boards.

with the same software , about one piece of board can't wakeup from deep sleep by external-interrupt every thousand pieces of boards,  but the other boards can normally wakeup from deep sleep by external-interrupt.

I want to confirm that what possible can cause this problem from software.

Thank you .

0 Likes
nin

Hi @shiyouxue ,

There could be possible reasons for not waking up from deep sleep. But as you mentioned, all other boards are working fine and being able to wake up from deep sleep after getting external interrupts shows that there is no issue with the software.

Could you confirm that the identified board (1 out of 1000 board) is not waking up from deep sleep after giving multiple external interrupts or is it just missing one of the multiple external interrupts?

Let me know the result of the above test.

Best regards,

Nin

0 Likes
shiyouxue
Level 1
Level 1

We confirmed the identified board (1 out of 1000 boards) is not waking up from deep sleep after giving multiple external interrupts.

So we guess that perhaps there are some problems about the circuit.

0 Likes