Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Wachiraya
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received

I have curious about PSoC 61 and PSoC 62 Low Power Mode,

1. Does PSoC 61 has LP Mode? as I understand from the chart in attachment, Only PSoC 62 or above has LP/ULP Mode.

2. If PSoC61 has LP Mode, both  PSoC61 and PSoC62  can use low power mode but these two model differ in current consumption after use low power mode, Right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @Wachiraya 

Does PSoC 61 has LP Mode? as I understand from the chart in attachment, Only PSoC 62 or above has LP/ULP Mode?

Yes, PSoC 61 has LP Mode. Please refer to the PSoC 61 family datasheets: Ordering Information section and can find the categorization of the devices which supports different low power modes(FLEX (ULP/LP), LP, ULP).

> If PSoC61 has LP Mode, both  PSoC61 and PSoC62  can use low power mode but these two model differ in current consumption after use low power mode, Right?

The current consumption variation among the PSoC 61 and PSoC 62 families can be inferred from the 'Typical Device Currents vs. CPU Frequency; System Low Power (LP) Mode' graphs in the device datasheet.

For example, in LP mode, the current consumption vs CPU frequency graphs for device families CY8C62x4 and CY8C61x4 are given below:

LeoMathews_2-1686048734134.png

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LeoMathews

Hi @Wachiraya 

Does PSoC 61 has LP Mode? as I understand from the chart in attachment, Only PSoC 62 or above has LP/ULP Mode?

Yes, PSoC 61 has LP Mode. Please refer to the PSoC 61 family datasheets: Ordering Information section and can find the categorization of the devices which supports different low power modes(FLEX (ULP/LP), LP, ULP).

> If PSoC61 has LP Mode, both  PSoC61 and PSoC62  can use low power mode but these two model differ in current consumption after use low power mode, Right?

The current consumption variation among the PSoC 61 and PSoC 62 families can be inferred from the 'Typical Device Currents vs. CPU Frequency; System Low Power (LP) Mode' graphs in the device datasheet.

For example, in LP mode, the current consumption vs CPU frequency graphs for device families CY8C62x4 and CY8C61x4 are given below:

LeoMathews_2-1686048734134.png

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @Wachiraya ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes