PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping Board DAPLINK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiCr_4063401
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi guys,

I've been seeing some strange behavior on a few of my boards. The DAPLINK drive will suddenly just stop showing up. I've tried hitting SW3 for 3 seconds, unplugging, replugging, re-flashing the kp3 firmware. I just cannot get the DAPLINK drive to show up anymore with either of my two kits.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot or remedy this?

-Nick

0 Likes
15 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Note you have tested different boards with same issue, it's more likely because hardware issue. What if you try another USB port or change the type-c cable?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried a few USB ports and cables. It was working fine, I unplugged it for a bit, plugged it back in, and I've been unable to get the DAPLINK drive to show up since. This particular kit is just micro-usb, not usb c. It feels like some Windows driver type thing that got messed up, but my coworker has been seeing this on Linux as well with some of her kits.

I can still program it with Cypress Programmer 2.0, but that's not as convenient.

0 Likes

I stumbled on this while hunting for general issues with KitProg and DAPLink. My apologies that this appears to have sat for a while with no resolution.

1) Still a problem?

2) This does sound like a Windows driver issue. Not related directly, but a similar problem was discussed here:
PSoC Programmer stopped recognizing one KitProg3 in bulk mode . Replacing the driver resolved that (for customer and me).

3) Again, although not this kit, visit the Firmware Loader site on GitHub and get the latest release. There was a "can't get into DAPLink" bug reported, and it has been fixed.

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Firmware-loader

HTH!

0 Likes

Hi Jim,

This is still an issue, but we have worked around it by using the Cypress Programmer tool instead of the Daplink MSD programming. We've had similar issues to the one I described across multiple operating systems with multiple kits.

With regard to the kit that I made the initial post about, I was never again able to get it to show up as a Daplink drive in any operating system. I tried reinstalling the firmware and everything. One day it just stopped working, which is quite odd I think. Some other co-workers had similar problems.

Again, we worked around the issue by just using the Cypress Programmer 2.0 directly.

-Nick

0 Likes

Thanks for the update Nick. I don't know that we will every figure out what's going on. I really don't like it when "stuff" just stops working. Could be anything, Since you are not blocked, it may be that we just chalk it up to "who knows."  But I will ask one of the development team to review this thread, and see if there is a low-impact (on you) way to glean useful info and maybe figure out what's going on.

If anything comes of that, I'll post an update here. Otherwise... I don't always get to figure out everything.

Jim

0 Likes
ErGo_4573391
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First question asked First reply posted

Hello, I had the same problem, one day I could use the dapLink mode and my PSoC (PSOC 6 BLE Pioner Kit) was reconized  like a USB by the PC, but the next day it was not reconized by the PC. I solved the problem changing the SW6 (KitProg2 programming target selection  switch) from External Device to PSoC6 BLE.

ErGo, I have a couple of questions from the engineers on this. You're using a different kit. The original report was on the Wi-Fit BT Prototyping kit. You're using the BLE Pioneer kit - which has SW6.

So, with that, some questions. Because this is one of those weird gremlins we have not been able to track down definitively. With your kit...

Is it that the DAPLink drive does not show up in the OS, or that the kit can't get into DAPLink mode?

Has the kit hardware been modified in any way? For instance. Something has been removed, added, replaced, damaged.

What voltage is the kit running at? On the BLE Pioneer kit there's a switch on the top.

LED2 indicates the mode of operation. When you press the mode switch button, SW3, what modes can you get into?

Is it possible to get the entire contents of the log window from Cypress Programmer right after connecting to the kit?

If I have the kit wrong, let me know. I can tailor the details to your kit.

TIA!

Jim

0 Likes

I now that my kit is not the same kit of the original report kit, but I thought that this information could be useful for someone with the same problem.I am sorry if it is not the right place to post it .

About your cuestions:

"Is it that the DAPLink drive does not show up in the OS, or that the kit can't get into DAPLink mode?"

The DAPLink drive does not show up in the OS.

When the SW6 (Programming target selection) is in External Device, if  I push the SW3 (Mode select) 2 times, the Led2 starts to blink with a frequency of 2 Hz , but it is no reconiced by the PC like a USB, and after 30 ~ seconds, the led stops blinking.

So I think it can get into DAPlink mode and after 30~ second come back to Bulk mode (I am not sure about the name of the standar mode).

"Has the kit hardware been modified in any way? For instance. Something has been removed, added, replaced, damaged."

No, it have not. And it was bought recently, so I think it is not damaged.

"What voltage is the kit running at? On the BLE Pioneer kit there's a switch on the top."

3.3 V.

"LED2 indicates the mode of operation. When you press the mode switch button, SW3, what modes can you get into?"

I get into HID mode when I press the SW3 one time, and I get into Daplink mode when I press it a second time.

"Is it possible to get the entire contents of the log window from Cypress Programmer right after connecting to the kit?"

I get this when I go from Bulk mode to DAPlink Mode:

Info : [CyBridge] Start API initialization

Info : [CyBridge] Connected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP BULK-0B170BDD02197400

Info : [CyBridge] Hardware initialization complete (734 ms)

Info : Selected Device: CY8CKIT-062-BLE-0B170BDD02197400

//I press the SW3 one time

Info : [CyBridge] Disconnected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP BULK-0B170BDD02197400

Info : [CyBridge] Connected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP HID-0B170BDD02197400

Info : Selected Device: CY8CKIT-062-BLE-0B170BDD02197400

//I press the SW3 two times

Info : [CyBridge] Disconnected - KitProg3 CMSIS-DAP HID-0B170BDD02197400

I hope you find it helpful

Ernesto Gomez.

Thanks Ernesto! I'll pass that into the KITPROG team. Appreciate your time and your help.

0 Likes
ChLe_852406
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

I update to new firmware but i still face the problem not able to see the board as DAPlink in explorer

however, i do see it appears under windows bluetooth and other devices

pastedImage_0.png

i am using PSoC 6 Wifi-BT pionner kit

also, i try follow PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit | Mbed ,

but not sure where is the SW7

here is screenshot of my firmware upgrade

Close

My OS is

windows 10 Pro

0 Likes

Hello. Let's see if I can help.

SW7 is on the underside/bottom of the board. It should be on the VDDD/KitProg2 side. (KitProg3 didn't exist at the time). In my experience moving the board around on my desk I have unintentionally flipped that switch.

Looking at your command line screenshot, you installed KP3 v1.12.

The latest version of KitProg3 is available here at GitHub

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/Firmware-loader

Go to the Releases tab, download the latest firmware loader. It contains KitProg 1.2. Just to be on the safe side. In this version the mode button only goes between two modes, CMSISDAP-bulk (led ON) and DAPLink (LED blinking).

I just updated to KitProg3 v 1.2 (this is a good reminder, I was not current). Push the mode button to get into DAPLink, and no problem.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

I have tried with the latest firmware 2.3.0.568, and this resolve the problem

this is helpful " In this version the mode button only goes between two modes, CMSISDAP-bulk (led ON) and DAPLink (LED blinking)." so i find that SW3 can only be pressed and released fast in order to switch successfully into DAPLink

also, there is another switch named SW6 which i cannot locate, where is it and if it is important?

it is also not labelled on the printed CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT Quick start guide

0 Likes

Good news.

Yes, the SW3 only changes from CMSIS DAP bulk to DAPLink. Less confusion.

I can't find SW6 either. It may not exist.

DheerajK_81​ - can you answer whether the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT has a SW6?

0 Likes

I had a similar issue... my drive stopped to work on 2 PCs after I installed http://os.mbed.com/media/downloads/drivers/mbedWinSerial_16466.exe

Still not sure how to uninstall it.. uninstalling it from device manager didn't help at all.

0 Likes

Hello JamesT_21​,

The confusion is because of two different kits being talked about in this thread. Let me clear the air.

PSoC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer Kit has only the following switches and these are the recommended positions for them wherever applicable:

SW1 - Reset

SW2 - User Switch

SW3 - KitProg3 Mode selection switch (press to switch between modes)

SW4 - Not used

SW5 - PSoC6 VDD Selection

SW7 - Towards VDDD/KitProg2

PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit has only the following switches and these are the recommended positions for them:

SW1 - Reset

SW2 - User Switch

SW3 - KitProg3 Mode selection switch (press to switch between modes)

SW4 - Not used

SW5 - PSoC6 VDD Selection

SW6 - Towards PSoC6 BLE

SW7 - Towards VDDD/KitProg2

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes