Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StNu_1610991
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

We have used UART in many projects involving the PSoC 6 and there have never been any problems. After migrating to PSoC Creator 4.4 we have seen some UART issues. However, we still have a number of applications that are running as they are supposed to with version 4.4.   But, in a couple of new projects the UART output does not correspond to the UART FIFO input. There must be something wrong with the UART configuration or the way its is being set up.

In the current project a CYBLE-416045-02 built into the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE prototyping kit is being used to build a tester. As in other PSoC projects, a Control and Observation Port using a UART is used for monitoring and controlling the unit. The external connections for the UART (named COP_UART) are TX/P5_1 and RX/P5_0.

A debug trace shows that the intended output strings are getting to the UART FIFO (via COP_UART_Put() commands). For each byte sent, a single character appears on the monitoring teraterm module. This character is always the "Y with acute" character (0xDD).

There is no hardware issue; another application written for the CYBLE-416045-02 was also loaded into the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board and the output to teraterm is exactly as intended and shows the application cycling.

If someone has some insight as to what may be happening and how to solve the problem, please let me know.  I do have two workspace bundles for a reduced application that shows the problem. One is a complete bundle (424 MB) and the second has only the essentials (20 MB).

0 Likes
1 Solution
StNu_1610991
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Problem solved.  It was the baud rate.  In the baud rate field, the "2" was missing in "115200".  Even though I looked at it many times, I did not notice it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
StNu_1610991
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Problem solved.  It was the baud rate.  In the baud rate field, the "2" was missing in "115200".  Even though I looked at it many times, I did not notice it.

0 Likes