PSoC 6 Issue: Writing to flash stops I2S DMA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SepehrZ
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins First like received First solution authored

Hello,

We have recently come across an issue in our app where calling Cy_Flash_WriteRow() stops audio playback. When inspecting the I2S DMA channel struct I observed that .CH_CTL is set to disabled, and .CH_IDX is set to 0 after calling the flash write function. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I cannot share our whole project but I can share certain files and parts of our code if need be.

Thank you.

Edit: After more testing the issue seems to appear when I2S is running at 512 kbps. I have attached our top design and design wide resources for you to investigate. Our app is built on the CE220960 example code  (Bootloader_BLE_Upgradable_Stack PDL 3.0).

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @SepehrZ 

The Cy_Flash_WriteRow is a blocking operation and does not return until the write operation is complete.

I am not sure if this would interfere with the I2S communication. The top design and the design-wide configuration files would not be sufficient to debug the issue here. 

If an application reaches out to you regarding this issue, would it be possible for you to share the project via email?

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @SepehrZ 

The Cy_Flash_WriteRow is a blocking operation and does not return until the write operation is complete.

I am not sure if this would interfere with the I2S communication. The top design and the design-wide configuration files would not be sufficient to debug the issue here. 

If an application reaches out to you regarding this issue, would it be possible for you to share the project via email?

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes