PSoC 6 Dual Core Debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Is there a guide to Dual Core Debugging for the PSOC 6 within Keil uVision?

Specifically, customer needs to be debugging the CM4 and when a breakpoint is hit on the CM4, he would like the CM0+ to stop as well.

I think there are bits that need to be set for the CTI and CTM, but we cannot find the documentation on how this is done.

0 Likes
5 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please go through section 3. Debug µVision Projects in page number 24 of the following application note.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385711/download

Hope this helps !

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Ganesh - This is great material but does not address the question about the right settings to allow a breakpoint on one processor to break the other, or not.  How is this accomplished in uVision?

0 Likes

Stopping the CM0+ core when attaching to the CM4 can prevent system calls from executing and result in failure of clocks/pin/interrupt initialization in the CM0+ application. Can you please let me know why you would require such debug functionality?

For information on how to enable dual-core debugging on Keil uVision, you can refer this AN: http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_318.pdf

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj - From the customer:

I don't understand. I need to debug the system with two cores working simultaneously. I do understand that there are some limitations, what are they? "...clocks/pin/interrupt initialization in the CM0+ application". Is it during initialization only or what?

I totally do NOT understand the second part: I need to debug TWO cores and it seems to be a quite valid reason.

0 Likes

Yes the requirement is valid. I understand your concerns. We currently do not have any document explaining this and I have passed this query to the internal software team for evaluation.

Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes