PSoC 6 Audio Streaming with Composite Device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MaGa_4619181
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi,

I am a complete beginner with the PSoC devices and I use the PSoC 6 CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit. What I'm trying to accomplish is to stream an audio signal from a Windows PC to a buffer in the PSoC device using the J28 USB connector. The USB is configured as a composite device using CDC and Audio 1.0 I included the cycfh_usbdev.h below.

I already looked at the Audio Recorder example for the PSoC 6 but I can't seem to import the project so it wasn't really useful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hello,

The current version of the Audio Recorder Code example (CE225786), was designed for ModusToolbox 1.0. You are probably using the ModusToolbox 2.0. We are about to release the version for MTB 2.0 in a few days.

This example only uses the IN endpoint, which means it streams data from the device to the host PC.

We are also working in a new code example that shows how to use both endpoints IN and OUT, so you can stream audio from the host to the PSoC and play it out to the audio-jack on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.

I will update this post once the code examples are released.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee

Hello,

The current version of the Audio Recorder Code example (CE225786), was designed for ModusToolbox 1.0. You are probably using the ModusToolbox 2.0. We are about to release the version for MTB 2.0 in a few days.

This example only uses the IN endpoint, which means it streams data from the device to the host PC.

We are also working in a new code example that shows how to use both endpoints IN and OUT, so you can stream audio from the host to the PSoC and play it out to the audio-jack on CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.

I will update this post once the code examples are released.

0 Likes
MaGa_4619181
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

Thank you for your response! When you say "in a few days" do you mean that it's going to be available this week or later than that?

0 Likes

For the Audio Recorder example, we are trying to publish by early next week.

For the other code example I talked about, it will take longer. End of the month.

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
0 Likes