PSOC6: Using I2C Master and Scan_ADC components on the same pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
pscom
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First like received 5 sign-ins

Hi everyone, 

We do have a custom board with PSoC63 on it, using, among other components, an I2C Master.

For a twisted setup, I'd like to use a Scan_ADC component, sampling on the same PSOC6 pins as our existing I2C master pins. The below picture explains better my needs : 

pscom_0-1654069678861.png

The Pin_1_SCL and Pin_2_SDA are defined as below, mapped on P0[2] and P0[3] respectively : 

pscom_1-1654070007774.png

However, at build time, I'm facing the following errors : 

Digital Placement...
Warning: placer did not place the following components:
   \ADC_1:SARMUX\:SARMUX
Digital Routing...
Error: pft.M0094: Connections on the pin 'P0[3]' require conflicting HSIOM settings 'AMUXA, ACT_7' which cannot be resolved.
Error: pft.M0094: Connections on the pin 'P0[2]' require conflicting HSIOM settings 'AMUXB, ACT_7' which cannot be resolved.

Any idea how to help the routing ?

Enclosed is a project sample extract to demonstrate what I'm trying to implement. 

PS : I'm using the 3.1.5 PDL version, assuming it's the latest. 

Thank you very much for your help, 

Regards,

/Pierre

3 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @pscom,

You are attempting to have two functionalities to the pins P0[2] and P0[3] at the same time - as I2C pins (ACT_7) and as ADC inputs through AMUXBUS (AMUX). This is the reason for the build error that you are facing. You may have only one HSIOM settings assigned to a pin, and not more than that.

Please use separate pins for I2C and ADC inputs. This would solve your issue. 

Also, what is the end application? Why are the I2C pins attempted to be connected directly to the ADC?

Regards,
Nikhil

pscom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil, 

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Unfortunately, our existing setup is made of two boards (on one of them is the PSoC6), and they are only connected together through those two pins P0[2] and P0[3]. 

I don't expect to use both functionalities working at the same time, but I was hoping to find a way to dynamically switch from the I2C configuration to the ADC one at run time. 

Any chance to achieve that ? 

Thank you very much for your help,

Regards,

/Pierre

pscom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ncbs 

Is there any chance to have a dynamic swipe of the HSIOM settings between I2C and ADC configuration ? Any help would be very welcome. 

Regards,

/Pierre

0 Likes