Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
amin
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First like given

Hi

Using the sample code to program a PSOC6, I found that the code programs three different flash types; main, working, and supervisory flash.

First of all, I could not find a definition of these memories (I am a novice in this field). Could you refer me to the right resources describing definitions?

Secondly, Do I have to program all three memories? My code which is a Blinky LED runs fine with just programming the Main Flash.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Andri-setyabudi
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

In PSoC, there are 3 internal memory : Application, auxiliary and Supervisory flash. 
- Application Flash ( main flash ) is the place where the program that will be run by the MCU is stored. Your compiled program of Blinky-LED would be stored in Application flash. 
- Auxiliary Flash is an extra flash memory but not for executing our program, typically used for EEPROM emulation.

- Supervisory flash (SFlash). Data stored in SFlash includes device trim values, Flash Boot code, and encryption keys. After the device transitions into the “Secure” lifecycle stage, SFlash can no longer be changed.

Each flash memory has different address and size, you can refer to the datasheet. 
For example in PSoC 6 MCU CY8C62x6_CY8C62x7

Andrisetyabudi_0-1685434671834.png

To access those memory (flash ) we can use Flash-API in PDL

Warm regards,

Andri

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andri-setyabudi
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

In PSoC, there are 3 internal memory : Application, auxiliary and Supervisory flash. 
- Application Flash ( main flash ) is the place where the program that will be run by the MCU is stored. Your compiled program of Blinky-LED would be stored in Application flash. 
- Auxiliary Flash is an extra flash memory but not for executing our program, typically used for EEPROM emulation.

- Supervisory flash (SFlash). Data stored in SFlash includes device trim values, Flash Boot code, and encryption keys. After the device transitions into the “Secure” lifecycle stage, SFlash can no longer be changed.

Each flash memory has different address and size, you can refer to the datasheet. 
For example in PSoC 6 MCU CY8C62x6_CY8C62x7

Andrisetyabudi_0-1685434671834.png

To access those memory (flash ) we can use Flash-API in PDL

Warm regards,

Andri