PSOC6 ADC example with Modustoolbox GUI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
psoc6_beginner
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

The ADC_basic example which is present under PSoC BSPs->CY8CKIT-062S4 (device CY8C6244LQI-S4D92) is without modustoolbox GUI setting. In this example, the adc setting is done using firmware.

Could you provide a simple ADC example with modustoolbox GUI setting of ADC?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @psoc6_beginner ,

As per my understanding, I suppose by the GUI setting of ADC in ModusToolbox, you mean configuring ADC block using device configurator or configuring it in design.modus file.

In ADC_Basic Code example, the ADC block is configured using HAL. Therefore the HAL APIs are used to configure ADC block in firmware itself.  Can you please refer this code example here : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-low-power-sar-adc-thermistor-als ? This code example has design.modus file for  CY8CKIT-062S4 device, where ADC block is configured under the Programmable Analog peripherals in the "Analog" tab. The design.modus file helps us configure a block, by setting up different parameters associated with it, basically addressing GUI setting in ModusToolbox for it.

Please go through this code example and let us know if this helps or in case of any query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @psoc6_beginner ,

As per my understanding, I suppose by the GUI setting of ADC in ModusToolbox, you mean configuring ADC block using device configurator or configuring it in design.modus file.

In ADC_Basic Code example, the ADC block is configured using HAL. Therefore the HAL APIs are used to configure ADC block in firmware itself.  Can you please refer this code example here : GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-low-power-sar-adc-thermistor-als ? This code example has design.modus file for  CY8CKIT-062S4 device, where ADC block is configured under the Programmable Analog peripherals in the "Analog" tab. The design.modus file helps us configure a block, by setting up different parameters associated with it, basically addressing GUI setting in ModusToolbox for it.

Please go through this code example and let us know if this helps or in case of any query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes