PSOC 6 USB(Psoc Creator)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anjali
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi Community,

I want to do bootloading using USB in Psoc 6(CY8C6247BZI-D54). For that I tried USB in empty project and I found Error.

That Error is:

Invalid connection for clock "USBFS_devClk" connected to "\USBFS:USBFS\:clk_usb_dev". The component input does not support generated clocks.

I tried so many things and it is still not working.

Can somebody help me to solve this Error? Can someone send the link for code example of USB in PSOC Creator for PSOC6?

Thank You,

Anjali

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Anjali ,

You are seeing this error because you have not set the 48Mhz clock to the USB component you have used in the TopDesign.cysch.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this error:

1. Go to the Clocks tab in Design Wide Resources and make sure that the USBFS_Dev_1_busRstClk and USBFS_Dev_1_devClk are checked as shown below.

Untitled.jpg

2. Next, double click on the PathMux1 clock shown in the above image and the below shown opens up (Double clicking on any of the clocks apart from the bottom 2 clocks for USB will open this window).
Navigate to source clocks tab and select USB from the drop down for IMO as shown below:

AlenAn14_0-1661784363787.png

3. Next, navigate to the FLL/PLL tab and check the box for PLL and then click on the ... and set the desired frequency to 48MHz and save as shown below:

48mhz.jpg

AlenAn14_1-1661784550697.png

4. Next go to the High Frequency clocks tab and enable Clk_HF3 to Path1(48MHz).

test1.jpg

Try the build after this and the error should be resolved.

You will have to additionally configure your USB device in the USB configurator after this by selecting the same from top design as shown below:

AlenAn14_2-1661784974075.png

Additionally you can also have a look at the attached code example for USBFS in PSoC Creator.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Anjali ,

You are seeing this error because you have not set the 48Mhz clock to the USB component you have used in the TopDesign.cysch.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this error:

1. Go to the Clocks tab in Design Wide Resources and make sure that the USBFS_Dev_1_busRstClk and USBFS_Dev_1_devClk are checked as shown below.

Untitled.jpg

2. Next, double click on the PathMux1 clock shown in the above image and the below shown opens up (Double clicking on any of the clocks apart from the bottom 2 clocks for USB will open this window).
Navigate to source clocks tab and select USB from the drop down for IMO as shown below:

AlenAn14_0-1661784363787.png

3. Next, navigate to the FLL/PLL tab and check the box for PLL and then click on the ... and set the desired frequency to 48MHz and save as shown below:

48mhz.jpg

AlenAn14_1-1661784550697.png

4. Next go to the High Frequency clocks tab and enable Clk_HF3 to Path1(48MHz).

test1.jpg

Try the build after this and the error should be resolved.

You will have to additionally configure your USB device in the USB configurator after this by selecting the same from top design as shown below:

AlenAn14_2-1661784974075.png

Additionally you can also have a look at the attached code example for USBFS in PSoC Creator.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes