PSOC 6 SPI example code in ModusToolBox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver, 

Due to an unexpected reset of my computer, the ModulToolBox also break down.

Before ModulToolBox break down, it is in the debug mode.

After my computer restart, I can't enter debug mode in ModulToolBox again.

But I can't terminate anything!!! 

The error message always shows "Debug session already started. Terminate the first one before restarting" as shown in the attached file 1.

I also see a "Terminate" item in debug window, but it is disabled as shown in the attached file 2.

Could you help me to solve this problem ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Tim_Shih

I tried recreating the issue but I was unable to do so. Here are some debug steps that might help.
I believe that the issue could be with some Eclipse entry but just to ensure that OpenOCD and GDB are not active, can you please open Task Manager and check if you can find openocd.exe and arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe running?

If it is a code example, can you please try importing the code example again in another workspace and let me know if you are able to observe the same issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @Tim_Shih

I tried recreating the issue but I was unable to do so. Here are some debug steps that might help.
I believe that the issue could be with some Eclipse entry but just to ensure that OpenOCD and GDB are not active, can you please open Task Manager and check if you can find openocd.exe and arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe running?

If it is a code example, can you please try importing the code example again in another workspace and let me know if you are able to observe the same issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi ~ Rakshith,

I deleted all settings in the attached file 1 and this action can solve this problem.

Moreover, I select debug item in the attached file 2 and this action can enter debug mode finally.

But I still feel confused about  the following debug mode.

"GDB Hardware Debugging",

"GDB OpenOCD Debugging",

"GDB PyOCD Debugging",

"GDB SEGGER J-LINK Debugging",

Where can I find related document to explain these debugging mode ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @Tim_Shih

Glad your issue is resolved. 
The Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox provides information regarding the Launch Configurations. Please refer to Sections 5.1.1 Launch configurations. pyOCD is used for Mbed OS applications. Refer to Section 6.7 Configure Eclipse IDE under Mbed OS to ModusToolbox™ flow.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes