PSOC 6 DFU via USB Custom Windows Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Siva24
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am trying to build a custom windows Firmware upgrader solution for PSOC 6. I tried downloading Qt Creator 8 and imported the project but it always kicks me out saying that the project has errors to build. I even edited the cmakelists file as listed in the documentation: 

set(BOOST_ROOT "C:\Users\Questron\Desktop\Projects\OTA Firmware update\boost_1_66_0")
set(QTDIR "C:\Qt\6.3.1\mingw_64")
set(CyBridge_LIBRARY "C:\Users\Questron\Desktop\sample_code")

The batch file or the script  file fails running from sample codes directory.

I made the firmware updater for PSOC 5 with USBHid which is not working with PSoC 6,

I would like to get a working example in visual studio probably or please guide in loading the project as it should be.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Siva24 ,

Can you please let us know if you are using any example projects from Infineon for the windows application?

Also what do you mean by "made the firmware updater for PSoC 5"?

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @Alakananda_BG 

I have atatched the documentation which i was using for developing PSOC 6 custom windows firmware updater. 

It said to follow the Cmake.lists instruction. When i follow everything it says failure error in creating executibles.

If there are any other example projects for the windows application for USB, Please share them as well.

I was using the sample code from the forums with which i made a PSOC5 updater. 

Link: https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer/Creating-Bootloader-Host-Application-through...

The problem i have is that program works only for USBHid and PSOC 6 can be updated only by USB CDC serial.

The error when i run the batch file as per the documentation: 

"C:\Users\Questron\Desktop\DFUH 2\sample_code\build\CMakeFiles\3.23.22060601-MSVC_2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
(Link target) ->
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSVCRTD.lib' [C:\Users\Questron\Desktop\DFUH 2\sample_code\build\CMakeFiles\3.23.22060601-MSVC_2\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

C Compiler identification is unknown

Cmake Error at CmakeLists.txt: 15

No CMakeC Compiler could be found

I have attached the Qt project folder that i am referencing for the compiler.

I have installed cmake and when i run command prompt to verify cmake it does say it has it. i added the cmake path to that folder as well but still i dont see it working at all.

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Siva24 ,

1.Can you Right click on your project, click on properties, navigate to Linker, add that path to Additional Library Directories

Alakananda_BG_0-1663236061534.png

You can also try one more method as mentioned below.

1. Open a project
  2. navigate to View > Property Manager (it could be under Other Windows)
  3. Expand all folders and multi select all "Microsoft.cpp.Win32.user" & "Microsoft.cpp.64.user"

Alakananda_BG_1-1663236165262.png

1. Right click and go to properties
  2. Navigate to VC++ Directories

Alakananda_BG_2-1663236220032.png

6.Add the path to default Library Directories

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Siva24
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi @Alakananda_BG 

Thanks for the answer. I tried your answer but the error still doesnt go away. I have atatched my workspace for you. Please let me know if this is working for you.  

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmYGNa7jUghk0cbdPLCFrrJXIym?e=AMpKuB

I tried opening the project in Qt and the error seems to be different there which i have attached for your reference as well.

0 Likes