PSOC 6 Compilation error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shil_1288831
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I create a project, using CY8C61137BZI.

I'm using all the IOs that the device has.

I did only the drawing to allcate all the pins.

When I build the project, I'm getting errors regarding few output pins.

I attached the project.

BR

Shmuel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Arpit_S
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Control and status registers are the interface between the schematic and firmware. Status registers are used to read the state of the internal digital signals. So Use the Status Register when the firmware needs to query the state of internal digital signals.

Control register works the other way, it allows the firmware to generate control signals for use in the hardware.The Control Register allows the firmware to output digital signals so use a Control Register when the firmware needs to interact with a digital system. You can also use the Control Register as a configuration register, allowing the firmware to specify the desired behavior of the digital system. As in your project, this is not the way Control registers or Status register should be used. That's why PSoC creator is throwing an error (Cannot be  used for routed connection). You can use control register to drive an input to some digital hardware and based on the values that you write to control register, you can change the configuration of the digital hardware and could use the same to control LEDs etc.

for more details on Status Register, refer: Status register Component datasheet (Right click on component > Open datasheet)
for more details on Control register, refer: Control Register component datasheet (Right click on component > Open datasheet)

For understanding the working of Control register and idea development refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8wI71Mf-Z0&list=PLIOkqhZiy83F8KPvHejA4ujvAfwJYpAtP&index=15

For understanding the working of Status register and idea development refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxlX2QRB-Q&list=PLIOkqhZiy83F8KPvHejA4ujvAfwJYpAtP&index=14

Kind Regards
Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Arpit_S

Hi @shil_1288831 

Could you please explain the end application here or what are you trying to implement? I do not see anything written in main.c

Can you please elaborate it a bit?

0 Likes

Hi,

The main application is to controll discretes (inputs/outputs).

I tried to to build before Writing any software.

The main purpose was ti insure the pin allocation as I planed in the schematic.

BR

Shmuel

0 Likes

Hi,

That's the error i'm geting-

shil_1288831_0-1662017696021.png

BR

Shmuel

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi,

Control and status registers are the interface between the schematic and firmware. Status registers are used to read the state of the internal digital signals. So Use the Status Register when the firmware needs to query the state of internal digital signals.

Control register works the other way, it allows the firmware to generate control signals for use in the hardware.The Control Register allows the firmware to output digital signals so use a Control Register when the firmware needs to interact with a digital system. You can also use the Control Register as a configuration register, allowing the firmware to specify the desired behavior of the digital system. As in your project, this is not the way Control registers or Status register should be used. That's why PSoC creator is throwing an error (Cannot be  used for routed connection). You can use control register to drive an input to some digital hardware and based on the values that you write to control register, you can change the configuration of the digital hardware and could use the same to control LEDs etc.

for more details on Status Register, refer: Status register Component datasheet (Right click on component > Open datasheet)
for more details on Control register, refer: Control Register component datasheet (Right click on component > Open datasheet)

For understanding the working of Control register and idea development refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8wI71Mf-Z0&list=PLIOkqhZiy83F8KPvHejA4ujvAfwJYpAtP&index=15

For understanding the working of Status register and idea development refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxlX2QRB-Q&list=PLIOkqhZiy83F8KPvHejA4ujvAfwJYpAtP&index=14

Kind Regards
Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes

Hi Srivastav,

I used Status registers to read input discretes and Conrol registers to control output discretes.

In my design I have 40 discretes outputs that connects to control registers.

only 4 discretes got this error.

Do you have any idea?

BR

Shmuel

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Arpit_S

Hi @shil_1288831 ,

The pins which are throwing error are on Port 3. And At port 3, We do not have DSI support on Port 3. Please refer to Datasheet https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-PSoC_6_MCU_PSoC_61_Datasheet_Programmable_System-on-Chip_(PSo...  for more details.

Please find attached screenshot 

Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes

Hi Srivastav,

Thanks for the explanation.

So port3 what is it good for?

BR

Shmuel

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @shil_1288831 ,

You can refer to the datasheet and see all the multiple alternate functions there. https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-PSoC_6_MCU_PSoC_61_Datasheet_Programmable_System-on-Chip_(PSo... 

Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes