PDL for PSCO 4100 unable to include in PSOC 4.4 creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
asiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to use PDL library in my project but it's not appearing in PSOC4 creator workspace

I can check it under Help -> Documentation.

I also tried with different version and changing path in tools -> options tab but unable to use PDL with development kit

CY8Ckit-147 PSCO 4100

If i use any PSOC6 chip for test, then PDL is accessbar with PDL 3.1.5 version but not for PSOC4 with any 2.0xx version.

If anyone has an idea then please share with me.

Thank you .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @asiddiqui 

PSoC Creator by default supports PDL only for PSoC 6 devices. That's why the option for choosing PDL appears only for a PSoC 6 device as can be seen in the image below:

Ekta_0-1671614003442.png

In the case of PSoC 4 devices when components are included in the top design. On building the project the generated sources will contain the .c and .h files for the component. The image below shows the same:

Ekta_1-1671615334953.png

could you please let me know if there is any issue you are facing because of this?

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @asiddiqui 

PSoC Creator by default supports PDL only for PSoC 6 devices. That's why the option for choosing PDL appears only for a PSoC 6 device as can be seen in the image below:

Ekta_0-1671614003442.png

In the case of PSoC 4 devices when components are included in the top design. On building the project the generated sources will contain the .c and .h files for the component. The image below shows the same:

Ekta_1-1671615334953.png

could you please let me know if there is any issue you are facing because of this?

Best Regards
Ekta

Hello @Ekta_N ,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Best Regards,

Ali

0 Likes