Announcements

Ever wondered how you could shape the future in collaboration with others? Join us at OktoberTech Asia Pacific and get inspired. Click here to sign up FREE of charge.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 6 Forum Discussions

aliissa02
Level 3
5 likes given 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins
Level 3

Hello,

I would like to use an OLED screen in psoc 6 and would like to check if it's possible to use the pins P9[5] and P9[6] to connect it?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
Moderator 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi @aliissa02 ,

Could you please share your OLED Screen Model.

Does it operate on I2C protocol?

Is the project done on a custom board? Let us know the device family or the development kit you are using.

If you are using PSoC62 and I2C communication - then P9[5]and 9[6] don't support I2C as alternate pin functionality.

Thanks and Regards

Sobhit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PandaS

Hi @aliissa02 ,

Could you please share your OLED Screen Model.

Does it operate on I2C protocol?

Is the project done on a custom board? Let us know the device family or the development kit you are using.

If you are using PSoC62 and I2C communication - then P9[5]and 9[6] don't support I2C as alternate pin functionality.

Thanks and Regards

Sobhit

0 Likes
aliissa02
Level 3
5 likes given 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins
Level 3

I am using ssd1306 0.96 inch. I am using PSOC63 (CY9CKIT-062-BLE). Which pins other than P9[0] to P9[4] I can use as I am already using them?

Thanks

0 Likes
PandaS

Hi @aliissa02 ,

You can use PINS P6_0 and P6_1 for I2C on CY8CKIT-062-BLE . Further discussions will be continued in the following thread:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/SSD-1306-OLED/td-p/369558

Thanks and regards

Sobhit 

0 Likes