Not able to read 5kHz sine wave by using SAR ADC PDL example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
dhruv1997
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi Team,

I am using the CY8CKIT43012 board for my development and I am reading the input 5kHz V in SAR ADC. I have taken reference from https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-sar-adc-simultaneous-sampling example. And I have configured the SAR ADC in the single-ended mode for pin 10.0, I am using an external Vref(1.65V) source and taking the samples at the PWM capture compare event. (At 1 MHz) And set the sampling frequency as 1MSPS. But I am not getting proper output. I am getting proper output for 3.3V, GND, and 1.65V but I am not able to reconstruct the sine wave of 5kHz.

(Environment: Modustoolbox version 3,  Implemented above functionality in Empty App). I have attached my sample code. Please let me know what am I missing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
dhruv1997
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Rakesh,

Actually there is issue with sine wave generator. Code is correct. Function generator is not able to generate the 5kHz frequency. Now I have changed the function generator and looks like I am able to reconstruct 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 kHz frequency in firmware.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakesh_Patrudu
25 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @dhruv1997 ,

Are you using SAR ADC to generate a Sine Wave on the CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 device? If so, If you are facing any issues, can you try debugging the code and verify if all the functions are passing correctly? It would be helpful if you could share the results with us.

Best Regards,
Rakesh

0 Likes
dhruv1997
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Rakesh,

Actually there is issue with sine wave generator. Code is correct. Function generator is not able to generate the 5kHz frequency. Now I have changed the function generator and looks like I am able to reconstruct 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 kHz frequency in firmware.