Need help making a simple project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyanKearney
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi, 

I'm trying to do a relatively simple project to get a understanding of the PSoC6 with a pioneer kit.

I'm currently using the CY8CKIT-062-BLE in Modus Toolbox

The Project id like to compile would have a "breathing" LED on the RGB LED 5, and the pace at which the LED "breaths" be varied by the CAPSENSE slider. If possible id like to connect the slider to CYSMART and control the "breathing" rate from my phone but I have no clue where to start.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @RyanKearney ,

You can start of by going through the ModusToolbox training series in the mtb_training github page.

Session 1 - Gives you an understanding of how to use the ModusToolbox IDE, its different features, how to install and the IDE, configure it etc. I would recommend you to go through this as it would tell you how to use the PDL and HAL Libraries that are used.
Session 2 - Is an introduction to digital peripherals. This will help you create the breathing LED project.
Session 3 - Is on introduction to CapSense , which can tell you how to develop firmware to use the CapSense touch sensor. Also contains example codes for you to use.
Session 7 - Getting started with Bluetooth.

CySmart mobile Application - You can go through this video to understand how CySmart application is used. 

CySmart Windows Application - This video tells you how to use the CySmart windows application  along with the USB dongle that comes with the BLE Pioneer Kit.

Hope this helps you get started with your project.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @RyanKearney ,

You can start of by going through the ModusToolbox training series in the mtb_training github page.

Session 1 - Gives you an understanding of how to use the ModusToolbox IDE, its different features, how to install and the IDE, configure it etc. I would recommend you to go through this as it would tell you how to use the PDL and HAL Libraries that are used.
Session 2 - Is an introduction to digital peripherals. This will help you create the breathing LED project.
Session 3 - Is on introduction to CapSense , which can tell you how to develop firmware to use the CapSense touch sensor. Also contains example codes for you to use.
Session 7 - Getting started with Bluetooth.

CySmart mobile Application - You can go through this video to understand how CySmart application is used. 

CySmart Windows Application - This video tells you how to use the CySmart windows application  along with the USB dongle that comes with the BLE Pioneer Kit.

Hope this helps you get started with your project.

AlenAn14

Hi @RyanKearney ,

Glad the tutorials solved your issues.
Thank you for using our products and please feel free to post any queries or issues that you may face in our products through the community :).

Regards
Alen

0 Likes