Need PSoC6 Code Examples without RTOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WoKi_264666
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi all,

after playing with the PSoC6 BLE Pioneer Kit's code examples, I can't find any code examples without using RTOS.

Where are the sample code archives to find?

Best regards, Wolfgang Kiefer (DH1AKF)

1 Solution

Hi Wolfgang,

E-INK can be used without RTOS. Simply copy paste the E-INK library folder from the RTOS code example to your bare-metal project (follow the same folder structure), add these files to your project, and link it in the project->build settings:

Capture.PNG

Now you can simply include cy_eink_library.h header file to your firmware and start using the E-INK APIs.

Since bare-metal projects don't have RTOS delay functions, you'll have use Cy_SysLib_Delay or a custom delay function for starting E-INK. For example:

Cy_EINK_Start(ambientTemperature,Cy_SysLib_Delay);

All other API usage remains the same as the RTOS project, therefore you can use the RTOS project as a reference.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

You can find all code examples for PSC 6 from PSoC Creator (PSoC Creator -> file -> code example).

Hope got your meaning.

0 Likes
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hi Wolfgang,

Bare-metal versions of kit code examples are no longer supported / maintained. RTOS versions are provided instead, since these projects show system-level usage scenarios. If you're looking for simple projects or component-usage examples, please click on "Find Code Example.." from the PSoC Creator start page and search for the required keyword as shown in the following image:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

Nidhin

WoKi_264666
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Thank you for your hints, now I can see, that there are no examples for my problem (using the E-Ink Display Shield CY8CKIT-028-EPD without RTOS.)

Now I have ordered the TFT shield, with more available samples.

Best regards, Wolfgang Kiefer

0 Likes

Hi Wolfgang,

E-INK can be used without RTOS. Simply copy paste the E-INK library folder from the RTOS code example to your bare-metal project (follow the same folder structure), add these files to your project, and link it in the project->build settings:

Capture.PNG

Now you can simply include cy_eink_library.h header file to your firmware and start using the E-INK APIs.

Since bare-metal projects don't have RTOS delay functions, you'll have use Cy_SysLib_Delay or a custom delay function for starting E-INK. For example:

Cy_EINK_Start(ambientTemperature,Cy_SysLib_Delay);

All other API usage remains the same as the RTOS project, therefore you can use the RTOS project as a reference.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards

Nidhin

0 Likes

Many thanks for your answer, that is exactly, what I needed!

Best regards, Wolfgang

0 Likes