Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vikas_d
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello

I have imported a project in Modustoolbox 3.0.0, that was earlier build in other workspace/laptop but same version of IDE. The project opens, all modustoolbox standard tools displayed in quick window, but includes missing (stdbool.h, stdint.h).

In project created on same workspace has Includes. But the project imported do not have includes. Also do not resolve headers during indexing in imported project.

vikas_d_1-1686916510573.pngvikas_d_2-1686916526505.png

Preprocessor config includes in imported project:

vikas_d_3-1686917324623.png

vikas_d_4-1686917367731.png

Please help to fix the problem of missing includes in imported project.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MuhammadNanda_K
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 50 likes received

Hello @vikas_d ,

In my side, I compress file like this:

nandax_0-1687414444285.png

That is the one I said successfully imported on another laptop by using Project Creator to create new application.

Can you try to match the content of folder to be imported similar with my zip package?
Or you can share your project to us (attach in this thread) to make us also try that?
If the code is confidential, you can encrypt / delete some parts of the code first before sharing in this community forum. 🙂

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
MuhammadNanda_K

Hello @vikas_d ,

Can you share your project as attachment, so I can try ?
However if it is confidential, can you try by yourself by this workaround?

1. Create new project using Project Creator.
  2. Choose your BSP then next window of application selection will appear.
  3. In this "Select Application" window, you can browse your project folder you wanted to import: 
    nandax_1-1686986248274.png

4. Select your previous project folder / workspace that you want to copy / import like:
    nandax_2-1686986498376.png

5. After that, check / choose your imported application then name it as you want:
    nandax_3-1686986709403.png

6. Finally after choosing, create that project / application.

Please let me know your update.

Thanks and regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes
vikas_d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nandax,

I still have issue with Includes not shown in project when I create a project and import it on another laptop. On same laptop it works, but not on another laptop. Please try similarly at your end.

Thanks.

vikas_d_0-1687286463707.png

0 Likes

Hello @vikas_d ,

The method just tried in my colleague laptop by importing my project then I share on zip.
He extract in his laptop then tried my method in creating new project then import.
We can successfully process this new project to successfully programming a kit then try the application.

Please kindly check / try using suggestion from @LeoMathews  first, then inform us if it still not working. 🙂

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @vikas_d 

Can you please make sure that you have followed the exact steps mentioned in the Eclipse Survival guide while exporting and importing the project to another system? The steps are as follows:

LeoMathews_0-1687319866734.png

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
vikas_d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for all information shared.

In my case I am trying to release workspace with project but without ".metadata" to SVN and expect other developers could download workspace and import the project. But while doing this, build is happening but includes are missing in project display so getting unresolved symbols warning for standard headers.

After taking update from SVN, following project creator suggestion still includes missing.

The Eclipse Survival guide do not cover it.

Please suggest.

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K

Hello @vikas_d ,

In my side, I compress file like this:

nandax_0-1687414444285.png

That is the one I said successfully imported on another laptop by using Project Creator to create new application.

Can you try to match the content of folder to be imported similar with my zip package?
Or you can share your project to us (attach in this thread) to make us also try that?
If the code is confidential, you can encrypt / delete some parts of the code first before sharing in this community forum. 🙂

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda 

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K

Hello @vikas_d ,

May you update us your current status ?

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @vikas_d 

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes