Minimun signals which are needed to be connected for CY8CMOD-062-43012 modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YeS
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Our SW development shall be done on CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 and we intend to demonstrate it on standalone CY8CMOD-062-43012 module i.e. no additional carrier board but only power supply from battery (currently we are not using any of the module peripheral buses)

1. Correct me if I wrong but from the schematics of both module and pioneer kit, we understand that both 3.6V (VBAT), 1.8V (VDDIO)  and 3.3V (VDD) should be supplied to module?

2. For uploading new FW to CY8CMOD-062-43012 do we must use physical connectors (SWD / JTAG) or the default factory FW includes OTA capability?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @YeS ,

1. Correct me if I wrong but from the schematics of both module and pioneer kit, we understand that both 3.6V (VBAT), 1.8V (VDDIO)  and 3.3V (VDD) should be supplied to module?
Ans. Yes, your understanding is right. Please find the operating voltage domains in the picture below:

DheerajK_81_0-1632766643442.png

For more information refer Page#37 of the kit guide here

2. For uploading new FW to CY8CMOD-062-43012 do we must use physical connectors (SWD / JTAG) or the default factory FW includes OTA capability?
Ans.  The pre-programmed firmware doesn't come with OTA capability. You need to use SWD/JTAG to program the firmware to add OTA capability. The following code example demonstrates this: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-ota-mqtt

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81

Hello @YeS ,

Ans. Yes, your understanding is right. Please find the operating voltage domains in the picture below:

DheerajK_81_0-1632766643442.png

For more information refer Page#37 of the kit guide here

Ans.  The pre-programmed firmware doesn't come with OTA capability. You need to use SWD/JTAG to program the firmware to add OTA capability. The following code example demonstrates this: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-ota-mqtt

Hope this helps 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
YeS
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Thanks Dheeraj.

1. Regarding power supplied, you and the link you mentioned refer to CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 development pioneer kit, does it also valid to  CY8CMOD-062S2-43012 module?

i. Do operation voltages tolerances are the same?

ii. Are all the voltages, which are listed in the table, required?

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

Hello @YeS ,

1. Regarding power supplied, you and the link you mentioned refer to CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 development pioneer kit, does it also valid to  CY8CMOD-062S2-43012 module?Ans. The kit uses the CY8CMOD-062S2-43012 module itself, so it is valid. 

2. Do operation voltages tolerances are the same?
Ans. Yes, they remain the same. 

3. Are all the voltages, which are listed in the table, required?
Ans. Each of the voltage domains powers up specific parts of the system. You can understand what each domain is used for and then take a decision on what should be powered and what shouldn't be. It is entirely upto you. See Hardware Design Guide section "Power pin connections" for information on this. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes