Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
amin
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 5 replies posted First like given
Hi I am using a MiniProg4 as an I2C bridge (through 12 pin) and a PSoC programmer (through 5 pin port). I am developing a code in Python, to control both MiniProg4 and an external power supply that is used to power the PSoC. The problem is when I power cycle the PSoC, the connection to MiniProg4 is lost and I need to restart the PC to retrieve it again. When this happens the programmer is not even shown in the Cypress Programmer and plug and unplug the programmer won't help. In my Python code, I close the port to the programmer before power cycling the chip, although I think this should not matter. I am confused. Any suggestions to solve this issue?
0 Likes
1 Solution

I found the root cause. This happened because another I2C-USB bridge was connected to the slave and when the MiniProg4 was trying to acquire the slave, it was already acquired by the other master. 

Thanks for your help. I keep the post so that in case someone makes the same mistake in the future they will know one possible cause.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted
Hi @amin ,

Please refer to https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8C4xxx_CYBLxxxx_Programming_Specifications-Programming%20Sp... document .

Could you let us know if this helps solve your issue?

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

Hi @Gautami_12 

Thank you. However, I am not sure which part of this document could help my problem. Could you elaborate, please?

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @amin ,

Apologies for the delay in response.
Can you please let us know where did you find this Python script?
Please compare the script you are using with the script located in path(C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Programming\PSoC4\SWD\Python_Ex) in your PC.

If you are using a custom kit at your end. Please share the schematic files.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

I think a clarification is needed here. My problem is that when the power supply is switched off/on the connection to MiniProg4 is lost. When my Python code fails to retrieve the MiniProg then even if I open Cypress Programmer and try to connect to MiniProg it is not possible. Check the snapshot below where it shows in Cypress Programmer the MiniProg is not detected after the power cycle as if no MiniProg is connected to the PC. Note: this problem arises only when I toggle the power supply through my code and NOT if I manually toggle it. My Python code is adapted from the sample code in the folder you mentioned above.

amin_1-1704206402871.png

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @amin ,

Please check the LEDs on the Miniprog4 to know which mode it is after toggling the power supply with a comparison with the screenshot below.

Gautami_12_0-1704361905567.png

Also, refer to the KBA.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

I found the root cause. This happened because another I2C-USB bridge was connected to the slave and when the MiniProg4 was trying to acquire the slave, it was already acquired by the other master. 

Thanks for your help. I keep the post so that in case someone makes the same mistake in the future they will know one possible cause.

0 Likes