Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dani
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am going through the available documentation for two microcontrollers CY8C614ABZI-S2F04 and CY8C614ABZI-S2F44 and have a few concerns.

1 – We don’t see any development kits available on the Cypress website. This is an important factor to plan our development work on these MCUs. Are there any closest options to consider?

2 – These MCUs are dual-core, 2MB core is Cortex-M4 while the second core is Cortex-M0+. As per documentation second core is Cortex M0+ and is reserved for system functions. It is not available for applications. I need to know if I can completely disable the second core or not due to the power save requirements. Apparently, I have to run both cores which will double the MCU power consumption. 

3 – The PSoC Creator v4.4 which is a configurator tool like SiLabs Simplicity Studio doesn’t include 2 MB parts. I need to know if there is an updated version available from Cypress that includes these two variants CY8C614ABZI-S2F04, CY8C614ABZI-S2F44

Thanks

Dani

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Dani

In PSoC 61 devices, the CM0+ CPU will be in deep sleep mode once CM4 is enabled. Refer to this thread for further information - PSoC61 CPU Current specification 

As you have correctly mentioned PSoC Creator does not support the newer PSoC 6 devices. Please use ModusToolbox for these devices.

We currently do not have development kits for the PSoC 61 devices. You could try the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kit to explore the PSoC 6 features.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Dani

In PSoC 61 devices, the CM0+ CPU will be in deep sleep mode once CM4 is enabled. Refer to this thread for further information - PSoC61 CPU Current specification 

As you have correctly mentioned PSoC Creator does not support the newer PSoC 6 devices. Please use ModusToolbox for these devices.

We currently do not have development kits for the PSoC 61 devices. You could try the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kit to explore the PSoC 6 features.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B