Memory Mapped access of F-RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

In my CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 board I looking for expanding RAM for operations of mallocs functions.

I have come across one example (QSPI_F-RAM_Access) where QSPI is used for reading and writing in F-RAM.   I am not if this is the best example for expanding the RAM for the above purpose. Is that correct understanding?

I thought F-RAM has support for memory-mapped access of RAM but I can not find any example for that. Please share the link for such an example on any PSoC board. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @jayesh_joshi ,

The code example which you provided link for is CE#224034. You can find it under code examples of PSoC Creator. I have shared an image for the same as below -

Aashita_Raj_0-1657018167763.png

Pardon with the search. Sometimes CE Number would not pop-up even when you search for number.
Also, I have attached the code example project here for your easy reference. Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @jayesh_joshi ,

As of now unfortunately we do not have any such code example that looks for expanding RAM. However, I am checking with my team as well to find a way how we can help you here with the same. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Aashita_R 

Are there any steps using PSoC creator may be that I can use? A document also can be helpful. 

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Aashita_R 

I have come across document which explains F-RAM in XIP mode and mentions examples as well on pages #3 and point#5. But when I open the link it takes me to all the examples but there is no example for F-RAM in XIP. 

Has this been removed? Is there some issue with F-RAM in XIP mode?

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CE224034_QSPI_F-RAM_Access_Using_PSoC_6_MCU_SMIF_in_XIP_Mode-... 

0 Likes

Hi @jayesh_joshi ,

The link which you have provided points to this code example : CE224034 – QSPI F-RAM Access Using
PSoC 6 MCU with SMIF in XIP Mode.  This code example is present with PSoC Creator 4.2. Also, can you please let me know does your application use FreeRTOS or it is bare metal?

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Aashita_R 

The application uses freeRTOS.

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Aashita_R 

Is it possible to convert this PSoC creator project to ModusToolBox? My application is working with modustoolbox.

0 Likes

Hi @jayesh_joshi ,

Can you try using heap_5 option provided at this page here : https://freertos.org/a00111.html#heap_5 ? This is one of the heap memory management cases which you can try at your end. Also regarding your another query, at the moment the support for PSoC Creator is limited and we cannot guarantee importing of the CE in near future. However, you can refer that code example to get an idea of the flow of code while accessing F-RAM in XIP mode.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Aashita_R 

I have tried finding that example in PSoC creator as well but I can not find it. Can you please check at you end if that example exits? Example is #CE222967 in the document.

jayesh_joshi_0-1657017639752.png

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @jayesh_joshi ,

The code example which you provided link for is CE#224034. You can find it under code examples of PSoC Creator. I have shared an image for the same as below -

Aashita_Raj_0-1657018167763.png

Pardon with the search. Sometimes CE Number would not pop-up even when you search for number.
Also, I have attached the code example project here for your easy reference. Please let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes